Chapter Forty-Three: The Past

Rikki's POV:
At the end of the week I decided to spend time with Bentley and Caine.

Kael was doing pack work with Dillon and Ryan. Jace and Roxy were working with Jackson and Hayley on their wedding. Carter and Jude were hanging out with the twins, Ellie and Lexi. Kilah and Tyler were showing Emily and Leyla around town so it was just the three of us.

"Caine what happened to you in those eight years when we lost you."

I just blurted it out, I didn't mean to but it just slipped out. I have been wondering what happened and how neither me or Bentley knew he was alive but I didn't mean to say it like that.

"You really want to know, I don't want to tell you both and then you beat yourselves up because it's in the past and we can't change it."

I looked at Bentley and we both nodded, I want to know.

Caine sighed before standing up and we followed him out of the game room and outside into the garden. We sat on a bench in the sun and Caine took a deep breath before looking out at the trees.

"Well I'll start from the beginning I guess. After I woke up and I saw that Bentley was unconscious and bleeding on the floor with you crying by his side well, Cage just..he snapped.

I jumped onto dad without thinking I don't even think I was fully in control at that point. We fought for hours, I was running on anger and adrenaline and I guess dad was too neither one of us wanted to give up. I had to protect you both at all costs, he was going to kill you Bentley, I heard him say it and...I could only imagine what he was going to do to you Rikki.

I managed to take him down only just by that point you were unconscious too Rikki so I checked on you both. You were fine Rikki but I was worried about the amount of blood you were losing Bentley so I...I called an ambulance. I was going to get the neighbour too but dad wake up.

He threw me up the wall and I guess the sound alerted the neighbour because dad started to panic and he..he jabbed his claws into my side, I started to loss blood and well I couldn't fight anymore so he carried me out the back and I..I couldn't fight him, I wanted to, I needed to get back to you both but I was too weak. I watched as the neighbour and the ambulance got to the house and I knew you'd both be safe so I let go.

When I woke up we were in that warehouse, I was chained up and dad was talking to rogues and vampires. He was planning on finding you both and he was going to...so I put up a fight.

I refused to eat, a clawed, a bit, I did everything I could to distract him and I did, for about two years but he found out where you guys were and at that point I had three choices, I had enough time to run and leave you both to him and his wrath or I grabbed the map and ran as far as I could and risk being caught or I burnt the map and let him punish me and do whatever he wanted but it meant you were both safe so I..I burnt the map.

After that he..he couldn't find you so for the next three years he beat me, he used silver on me, he used wolfsbane, he used vampire venom, he used bullets and knives, whips, electricity, he drown me, he starved me, he didn't even give me water, he did anything he could to make my life a living hell and if my heart stopped he restart it and beat me some more.

It was hell but the thought of you guys kept me going, I was too weak to call out for you even if I wanted to and I..I weakened our bond so you didn't feel everything I was going through but I always hoped that one day I'd see you both again. Then this year something changed he started working with the rogues and the vampires again and they found you both again. I knew what he would do and I tried, I tried desperately to stop him but then you guys came to town before he came and found you and well you know the rest from there."

My blood ran cold and boiled.

I'm glad dad is dead after everything he did to Caine but the thought of him knowing where we were frightened me even now he's died.

"I am so sorry I couldn't protect you Caine, it should have been me he took, I'm the eldest you shouldn't have gone through that and if it was you Rikki I'd say the same."

I hugged them both tight I didn't want either of them to go through that, I don't want Caine to go through it again and I don't want Bentley to even if it is hypothetical.

"None of us should have, it's in the past now but we should tell our mates what happened. Rikki you killed him, not me or Bentley or Kael or Jace or Carter or Jackson you and in a perfect world you shouldn't have had to. The pack and our friends, our mates they don't know what happened, they don't know why and I think they should Dad killed mom, he abused us and we can't help ourselves if we don't talk about it. I know it's hard to think about and I know it hurts and the nightmares are horrible and sometimes they are worse then the scars but they should know at least our mates should know the truth. I want to tell Leyla and I think you should tell Kael and Kilah, it'll help and it means we can finally put the past behind us."

I took a deep breath and looked at Bentley, he had tears rolling down his face, so did Caine and I could feel tears running down my face.

I hugged my brothers tight, as much as I hate to admit it Caine's right.

"Your right Caine, I think it's time we told them. We can't move on from this, if we don't tell anyone then we'll just suffer and dad wins because then he's immortal even through he's dead he's on our minds, in our nightmares and memories and it's time we stop giving him power."

I hugged my brothers one last time before we all went back to the house to find our mates. We sat down and the three of us explained to Leyla, Kael and Kilah about our childhood.

It was hard but when we were finished we felt so much better.

At the end we decided to tell everyone else and Caine was right it helped. I went to sleep that night with Kael by my side and I didn't think or dream about my dad once.