Chapter Three: Proof

Kael's POV:
I raced to Rikki's class after leaving my own lesson early the teacher didn't care mostly because she was just shocked that I had even showed up I mostly miss biology.

I waited and waited but she didn't come out. Spades began to pace in my head where the hall is she.

I sniffed the air but her scent was nowhere to be found. Panic filled my lungs as I found it hard to breath how could I breath when the very air in my lungs has vanished.

I marched up to the teacher and demanded he tell me where my mate is. He bowed his head before apologising.

"I'm sorry Alpha but there was no Rikki Adams in my class she was meant to be here but she never turned up."

Rage began to bubble inside of me and my fist made contact with the wall. Where the hell is my mate! Spades began to growl and howl for his mate I could feel his anger growing and I was close to shifting. The head teacher stormed over and started to yell but the second his eyes landed on me his mouth shut tight.

I roared out my anger before shifting and running out the school I need to find Rikki.

The rain wasn't helping at all, it was washing away her scent making it even harder to track her down but I'll find her that's one of my jobs to find and protect my mate.

I run into the woods and find my safe spot, my beach no one knows it's here but me. That's how I like it though it's my place to relax. I trotted over to the small pier and lie down with my head hanging off the edge thankfully the rain had stopped.

I stare at my reflection well Spades reflection and wonder about Rikki; where is she.

Spades was gone quiet, he won't speak to me mostly because I'm the reason we've lost our mate. I huff and stare back into the sea; I come here when I don't want to go to my lessons. My teachers always say the same thing 'your a bright lad you just need to give yourself a chance' or some rubbish like that but I don't care about school none of it will help me later on in life but there is one person who can help me, the one person that can teach me to be a better person is Rikki Adams. Goddess knows how long I've been lying out here but school much have end now.

I huff again before slowly getting up, I can hear someone trying to call me through the pack link.

"Kael where are you bro, Bentley is going crazy. Sage is trying to take control and he's close to shifting, he won't tell anyone what's wrong? I'm worried he's going to hurt someone Kael, not on purpose but he's out of control."

I let out a powerful growl before running back to the school. I found Bentley in the field shifting. Dillon, Ryan, Carter and Jude were trying to calm him down but it was too late.

I raced over and growled at him baring my teeth as if to tell him to stand down but Sage's temper is just as bad as Spades. He just growled back and lunged for me, this is not what I needed; I need to prove to Rikki that I'm a good guy not just the bad boy that insulted his mate and here I am in a stand off with her brother.

I was distracted and Sage could sense it, he knocked me off guard and bit down into my side, Spades cries out and I felt blood run down my side as I shoved Sage off. Blood dripped down his mouth as he went to attack me again. The others all growled but I growled at them to tell them to stay back.

We fought for an hour; Sage clawed and bit at me but I didn't hurt him back. Spades was getting tired, it's his instinct to fight back and show he's an Alpha but Sage is family. Wait family.

That's why he's attacking me, Rikki's gone and he blames me, this is my punishment.

This is why Spades hasn't fought back he knows this is our punishment. Out of nowhere a light brown wolf came running over. The wolf is beautiful her fur is brown, grey and golden in colour and has beautiful golden eyes. But the scent caught mine and Spades's attention coconut, strawberries and cream; Rikki.

She moved to stand in front of me. She growls at Sage before turning slowly to me and leaning her head down to rubbed mine. She licks over my ear before nudging my side to get me to stand up.

Once I start to get to my feet Rikki turns back to Sage who has dropped to the floor showing his neck to me. I moved over to him slowly and nuzzled my head in his neck to show him that I forgive him.

Sage slowly got up and I fall to the ground. Sage drops to the ground next to me with his head in his paws and a frightened look plastered on his face. Rikki walks around to lie at the side of me and my head falls in between her front paws.

She licks my head and gives me a smile. She rests her head on mine and I relax in the knowledge that my mate is by my side.

My wounds healed over and I slowly got up to my feet. I licked behind my mate's ears before rubbing my head against Sage's to calm him down.

"Bentley I'm okay. I deserved it."

I walked back over to my mate and took her in. I rubbed my head against hers before lying down in front of her. I placed my head in between my paws and looked up into her golden eyes, I can't help but miss her green forest colour eyes.

She sighed before licking over my head once again before she bolted but I didn't go after her. I got up and signalled the boys to follow me back to the pack house I'll see you tomorrow Rikki Adams.

 I got up and signalled the boys to follow me back to the pack house I'll see you tomorrow Rikki Adams

Kael's pier

Kael's pier.

Kael's Beach

Kael's Beach.