Chapter Fifty-Three: Something Off

Rikki's POV:
Kael had been off all day, I couldn't feel anything through are bond which was suspicious. I had all my classes with Carter today and he has been on edge.

He said that Jude was staying at home because he didn't feel well but I think there is more to that story but I didn't push him on it.

"Carter why don't you just call Jude."

Okay so I'll push him a little but it's not healthy to keep things bottle up and avoid your mate I know from experience.

"I'll call...I'll call him later, he's probably asleep."

Probably asleep, Kael's probably asleep that's never stopped me calling, messaging and talking to him through the mind link.

"Mrs Ballett may Carter and I be excused please."

The gang or the circle members as Kilah keeps calling us all looked at me well the ones in the class and I mind linked them to say I was fine.

"Yes Miss Adams you and Mr Lorell may be excused."

I grabbed Carter's hand and dragged him out the classroom. We stood in the corridor and he looked at me with confused eyes.

"Carter what's going on, you and Jude are always close so why won't you call him it's clearly upsetting you that he's not here so why the hell won't you call him and don't use the excuse that he's asleep."

Carter looked at me in shock for a slit second before he started looking at the floor and it finally clicked what's wrong.

"What did they do?"

Carter's eyes shot up to meet mine and a look of shock crossed his face before it went back to being blank and his eyes held no emotion.

"How did you know?"

I rolled my eyes before dragging him into an empty classroom before a teacher comes out and dragged us both back to class.

"Carter you and Jude have one of the most beautifulest relationships I've ever seen and I swear I can only think of three reasons why you'd be separated, one being a horrible reason which I won't mention, the other being your work and the last being the rogues so I'll ask again what did they do."

Carter sighed and looked at the window before turning back to me.

"They threatened Jude didn't they, let me guess they also threatened Roxy and Kilah and that's why Jace and Bentley are on edge."

Carter nodded and a growl escaped my lips these rogues are starting to get on my last nerve this is the fourth time they have threatened my pack and my pack members.

"Why didn't you guys tell me!? Just because Kael isn't here doesn't mean I'm afraid to deal with the rogues in all the times they have messed with us has a single one threatened me or not done what I've told them; no. When I tell you guys to come to me about your problems I meant it a Luna's job is to protect and look after her pack."

Guilt crossed his face I said this on day one after Christmas break.

"We didn't want you getting hurt Rikki I know what you said that they haven't hurt you but they could and Kael would never forgive himself if something happened to you and he wasn't here."

I clenched my jaw shut these rogues have crossed me for the last time.

"Well let's go deal with them shall we because they have crossed me for the last time."

I started walking out the classroom and straight outside with Carter on my heals. I could feel his confusion from here, he's so tense I swear he just needs to talk to Jude.

"Rikki why are we out here?"

A small smile formed on my face I'm going to enjoy this so much, no one and I mean no one messes with my pack and my family.

"Well if you had enraged fourteen wolves and hated school with a passion would you bother going to class, I mean I know I wouldn't. Now; I suggest you come out here before I come and drag you out!"

I turned my attention from Carter and to the open field and in minutes four rogues came out.

"Well well look what we have here boys."

I guess he must be the leader good, I'd rather speak to someone in charge them get an idiot. Carter growled by my side and the rogues growled back at him.

"Carter."

He quickly stopped and the rogue leader smirked but he won't be smirking for very long.

"What have you done!"

I watched his every movement he looked at me dead in the eye with a stupid smirk on his face.

"What can I do for you oh great Luna?"

Wrong answer! I allowed my claws to attract before I walked up and slapped him round the face making sure my claws ran across his cheek.

"Wrong answer, what have you done!"

He just laughed again and I could feel my anger boiling in my blood why do I have to be surrounded by children.

'You don't mean mate do you? Mate is not a child.'

No Melody I don't mean Kael now shush I'm trying to deal with this idiot before the others come looking for me and Carter.

"What's the matter mi princesa?"

Again I slapped him around the face and this time his friends growled and Carter growled back.

"Carter. Quite testing my patience because if you want to play this game then the next thing I'll do is leave you black and blue now what have you done to my pack members Rogue Beta."

The Rogue Beta's raised his arm up to stop his friends from going to attack me and Carter.

"You know your history Luna."

His smirk had gone and he looked at me seriously, good he's listen because I'm really getting tired of his cocky attitude.

"I love werewolf history, for example your the Rogue Beta. You clearly have authority but not the respect a pack would give to their Alpha. The Rogue pack is a pack of Rogues they don't class themselves as a pack but they have an Alpha, a Beta, a Luna, a Gamma and a Delta. Now did you or your Alpha order the attack on my pack and threat my pack members."

The Rogue Beta looked at his friends and dismissed them before looking back at me.

"The rogues causing your pack problems are no Rogues from the Rogue pack you have my word. They were but the Rogue Alpha did not agree with their ideas and he cut them out of the pack. I swear to you Luna my wolves won't hurt anyone they don't want to fight not unless they have to we can try and control the loose ones and make sure that our own members won't do anything but I can't promise anything but I apologise for my past members' attacks even through I no longer control them and I apologise if any of my wolves have done anything."

He looked me in the eye the whole time mainly because I didn't give him a choice.

"I accept your apology on the condition I know your name and when I next come here I want to speak to you and your Alpha. This petty problem we are both facing need to end and we should consider an alliance one that benefits both packs."

I watched as the Rogue Beta mind linked his Alpha before his attention turned back to me, a small smile on his face telling me my answer before he even opened his mouth.

"My Alpha accepts your condition and your offer of an alliance. Thank you Luna."

He started to walk back to the woods but he suddenly stopped.

"My name's is Connor and my Alpha is Dakota."

With that he walked away. I turned to Carter and he followed me, well until the next time Beta Connor.

A smile slipped onto my lips I'll see Kael soon and I can't wait.