Chapter Sixteen: Unexpected

Kael's POV:
I looked over to Kilah then Bentley and then at Rikki before looked in front of me.

Jody's mom had took the bullet for me, she dropped the taser before hitting the floor and Mr Mars raced over dropping the gun on the floor.

"Jenny, why did you do that?"

I placed my hand on my chest not bothering to listen to their conversation the only thought running through my head was the fact I nearly died a second ago, I would have died and I wouldn't be able to say goodbye to Rikki, I wouldn't be able to be there for her.

'I know you want to be mate's knight in shining amour but let's try not getting ourselves killed. We have to look after mate, she doesn't look well Kael.'

I couldn't agree more Spades.

I picked Rikki's body up and turned to the Mars'.

"Take your wife to the hospital, if you ever hurt my family again I won't be so nice your daughter went west to the next town. Dillon, Ryan will you get Bentley; Carter, Jude you guys get Kilah. Jace let's go their not worth it. Now let's get out of here."

The guys got Bentley and Kilah before turning to run back to the pack house. I was about to join them when Mr Mars stopped me.

"Thank you Alpha Kael. We're sorry for what are daughter did and what we have done to your family. We were just angry, we didn't mean any of the pain we have caused."

I looked down at my mate before back up at them I meant what I had said if they or anyone one crossed me again I would kill them friend or foe, I don't care anymore seeing her like this... I should kill them but I know Rikki wants me to be a merciful Alpha.

"Don't thank me, my beautiful Luna would want me to forgive but mark my words I won't forget this and if you ever do this again I will kill you."

With that I raced off leaving them in the warehouse, the most important person now was Rikki. As I waited in Bentley's room with Kilah I was going out of my mind, I feel like ever since I met Rikki I've brought her nothing but pain.

"Kael, it's not your fault bro, me and Rikki never had an easy life growing up. Believe me she's stronger then you think. When she first shifted she was only eight."

Kilah snuggled into Bentley's arms and I gave him a small smile he's never talked about his past, neither has Rikki for that matter.

I remember the day my mom brought him home from the orphanage, he was quite angry. When he was asleep I used to hear him screaming in the night but by day he was just angry. He would only talk to me and Kilah no one else he didn't trust any males and he would avoid them at all costs.

I remember one night I woke up to him screaming and I didn't think twice I hugged him tight as he cried begging for his sister.

I tried my best to comfort him but he ended up crying himself to sleep.

Kilah and Bentley we're always close Sage was always very protective of her and now I know why.

I though back to what he said about Rikki and it made me feel a bit better that Rikki was going to be okay she was strong but I felt bad for them their childhood must have been a living nightmare.

"Thanks Bentley I'm going to see Rikki the doc said she's awake now."

I smiled and watched as they both fell asleep, boy they where definitely meant to be mates they are so alike it's unreal.

I took a deep breath before opening Rikki's door, I've waited two day and several hours to see that beautiful face of hers Goddess I've missed her beautiful green eyes.

"Hey little wolf, are you feeling any better."

She looked at me with confusion plastered on her face, why is she looking at me as if she doesn't know me.

"Rikki, it's me baby it's Kael your mate, baby?"

Her eyes watered but the look of confusion was still on her face, she..she doesn't remember me.

I dropped to my knees by the side of the bed please Goddess, please don't say she's forgotten me please, I don't think I could bare it if she forgot me please. Tears rolled down my face she's forgotten me.

"Rikki, please baby, please tell me you remember me please."

I looked up with streams of tears still rolling down my face, she doesn't remember why doesn't she remember, who else has she forgotten.

"Rikki please speak to me, baby I know you don't remember me but please, please speak to me please little wolf."

I gave her hand a gently squeeze why can't she remember me.

"Doc get in here now! You better have an explanation on why my mate doesn't remember me or so help me I'll tear you apart!"

I kissed Rikki's forehead and left the room if I get angry I don't want her to see me, if she doesn't remember me I don't want to make her afraid of me.

"You better explain why she doesn't remember me I don't even think she remembers her friends or family! Hell she wouldn't even speak to me why the hell won't she speak! Give me a damn answer or so help me, answer me!"

I took several deep breaths I hope she didn't hear me yelling.

"I was just on my way to tell you Alpha, due to the beatings, the shocking and the silver it may course some memory lose. I'm sorry Alpha but you should be able to trigger her memories back, it may take longer on some memories then others but she should remember everything in time."

I walked away and walked back to Rikki. She looked at me and bit her bottom lip almost like she was trying desperately to remember who I was.