Chapter Fifty-Eight: Prom

Kael's POV:
I was nervous but then again so we're the rest of the lads.

The girls and Jude left early without telling us and it's made all our wolves annoyed and on edge. They haven't even called or mind linked.

"Has anyone heard from Rox this is driving Oscar and I crazy."

Every time we try to mind link or call or text they ignore us or shut us out even Jude, Roxy and Kilah.

"Oh will you boys calm down their getting ready, their excited. They are fine but they won't be if you boys don't get ready. Connor and Dakota are on their way with instructions to leave you all here is you aren't ready."

In minutes everyone but me legged it to their room to get ready.

"Mom do you know where Dad is, I..I need to talk to him about something it's important."

She pointed in the direction of his study and I walked over still with my crutches, I'm just glad he's not upstairs I don't want to be tired later. I knocked before walking in and my dad looked up and smiled.

"Hey son, you okay I thought you'd be ready to go by now?"

I took a deep breath before sitting in one of the visitor's chairs. Maybe I shouldn't ask these questions, maybe I should just ask him to help me with my tie instead.

But these questions have been playing on my mind and I need to get them off my chest otherwise I don't think I will.

"Dad, do you...do you think I'll be a good Alpha? Do you think I'm strong enough to be Alpha? Are..are you proud of me or am I just a disappointment?"

I'd felt some what insecure about being Alpha and making my parents proud on and off for years but after getting attacked by the rogue and the hunter it just made me ever more insecure, I feel like a failed to my family, friends, the pack, my mate but most importantly to my parents.

"Kael, Kael what's brought this on son?"

I couldn't stop the tears from falling, it was stupid of me to ask. Maybe..maybe I am a disappointment, I'm just a weak fool.

"Kael, I never want you to think you are a disappointment ever again! Kael your my son and I love you, I could never not be proud of you. You are the strongest person I've ever met, Kael your far more stronger than I could ever wish to be. You'll make the greatest Alpha the world has ever seen because your a far better man then I ever will be. Don't let anyone tell you your weak or that your not strong enough or that your a failure or a disappointment or that your a terrible Alpha okay because their wrong, your my son after all. Please don't cry."

He moved from behind his desk to hug me and I hugged him tight. This is what I needed, I just need to hear him say this.

"Thanks Dad, I loved you too."

I love my mom even when she threatens to hit me with the newspaper but my dad will always be my number one.

"Right enough of all this you need to get ready. Your suit's over there."

I thanked him again before he left me alone in the office. I looked at the time and made my way to the ensuite to have a quick shower. Once I was finished I quickly got dressed as I heard Dillon knocking on the door.

"Kael hurry up bro we're all ready but you."

I took one last look in the mirror before grabbing my crutches and making my way to the door.

"Finally."

I rolled my eyes at Kade's comment, but I soon smiled when I saw how happy the guys all looked.