Chapter Twenty-Six: Date Night - Part Five

Carter's POV:
As we waved goodbye to everyone I finally laced my fingers with Jude's I've missed not being able to do this.

"Carter, Jude you do realise that you don't have to hide when your around Rikki right, your mates and we can all clearly see it's driving you both crazy not been close to each other like you normally are. Why don't you guys go out, go have some fun your always here for everyone else let us be here for you."

Bentley was right, I guess we have been pushing our relationship to the side and it's not because I care if Rikki knows.

I've kept are relationship quiet for Jude, he's so self-conscious about people knowing plus we've been so busy with everything that's gone on with Jody, the Mars' and the rogues.

Jude looked up at me with hopeful eyes, he should know by now I'd do anything for him, he only has to ask.

"Go get ready I'll meet you here in ten minutes okay babe."

I smiled as Jude ran straight for our room. I'm going to look forward to spending some time with him even through we're missing Jace and Roxy's special day we'll go after and see them.

I quickly started running round grabbing a blanket, a basket of food, a few lanterns, two hoodie, my car keys and my shoes.

I have an idea of where to take him and it's close to the spot Jace and Roxy are getting married. I can't believe their getting married already I remember when Jace first stepped onto our territory.

"Ready, do I look okay?"

I could hear Jude asking Kilah and Bentley if he looked okay. He's so self-conscious, I can't wait to tear his old pack apart, it infuriates me that his old pack broke him like this.

"You look great Jude, Carter will love it."

I couldn't help but smile as I walked in for two reasons, one because Jude looked amazing and two because Kilah and Bentley made him feel better about himself.

"She's right babe you look amazing. Right we'll see you two later."

I laced my fingers with Jude's and headed to the door with Kilah and Bentley following behind.

"Make sure you check on Tyler for me."

Jude whispered as he hugged Kilah goodbye, he sees himself in Tyler sometimes, the isolated kid who had no one in the beginning but Tyler will find his mate just like Jude did.

"Angel where are we going?"

I kissed the back of his hand and interlocked our fingers as I drove with one hand to our destination, he's going to love it.

"You'll love it babe, it's a nice spot on the hill with the view of the beach and I brought all your favourite food, a warm blanket to sit on plus my hoodie so you don't get cold."

He lent his head on my shoulder and closed his eyes with a huge smile on his face.

"How did I get so lucky to have a mate like you."

He's got it so wrong, I'm the lucky one I don't even know what type of life I was living without him in fact I don't even think I was living I was just existing before he came along.

"I love you Jude."

I could hear his slow and steady breaths, he's fallen asleep. I swear he hasn't got any sleep whilst we've been here, he's always unsettled unless we're in our own bed or in the pack house.

We got to the spot and I carefully rested his head on the other side of the seat so I could set up.

I kept one eye on the car at all times as I put out the blanket and the food basket before placing the hoodies down by the basket. I quickly lit the lanterns I brought and placed them around the blanket before going back to get Jude.

He was still fast asleep so I just laid down on the blanket with him in my arms to keep him warm. He's perfect to me even if he doesn't believe it.

"Angel?"

He turned and rested his head in the coup of my neck before falling back to sleep, he's so beautiful.

"Jude, babe it's time to wake up. I know your tired babe but you need to eat you've barely eaten anything all day and I don't want you to get sick. Jude wake up."

He slowly started to roll over and turned to face me with a shy smile on his face.

"Sorry, how long was I asleep."

I kissed his forehead before helping him to sit up. I carefully put my hoodie over his head when I noticed him shudder before plating him up some food.

"Only half an hour I wanted you to sleep longer but you need to eat and I know you want to see Jace and Roxy."

He drove into his food at the mention of Jace and Roxy. He and Jace went through thick and thin together and I'm glad that they both adopted each other as brothers.

"Slow down babe you'll choke if you eat any faster, don't worry Jace and the others are waiting for us."

He smiled and slowly started to eat his food carefully and I chuckled before eating myself. I don't want him to worry about me eating he stresses out enough as it is.

"Finished can we go see Jace please."

He gave me a childish grin with an amused glint in his eyes, he should know by now I can't say no to him.

"Come on then babe, I'll just clean all this up real quick then it should only take us five minute to walk over to them okay. If your still cold keep the blanket out okay."

I kissed his forehead before taking everything except the blanket back to the car. When I turned back he was squeezing me tight in a hug.

"You okay babe?"

He nodded but kept his small arms wrapped around me. I smiled and wrapped my arms around him resting my head on top of his.

"I just wanted to say thank you for always being there for me Carter and I know you always say I don't have to thank you but I do, I love you Carter so much."

He pulled away slightly and planted his soft lips on top of mine.

"I love you too, Jude so very much and I never want you to forget that. I will always protect you until my last breath okay, I love you."