Chapter Five: Panic

Rikki's POV:
I woke to my alarm going off and huffed before turning it off, I hate mornings! I rolled my eyes before slowly getting up and getting ready.

I had just finished and was about to leave when there was a knock at the door. Confusion flooded my mind who the hell is knocking on my door at this time and of course as always Melody was no help at all.

I rolled my eyes before opening the door to find Kael standing in front of me with an apologetic look on his face and a bunch of beautiful white roses in his hand. I smile at him as I take the roses and place them in a vase on the table. I sigh before picking up my stuff, turning and shutting the door.

I looked up at Kael and we walked down the endless flights of stairs to the bottom.

"Good morning Rikki."

Kael whispered breaking the silence between us as we walked towards the door, his normal strong face was filled with panic and he looks like he wasn't slept.

"Good morning Kael."

I whispered back as he opened the door for me and a small smile drew on his face.

"Can I give you a ride to school Rikki?"

I smile before nodding my head there is a chill in the air today and I don't particularly like walking along these streets.

Kael smile brightened up the day as he lead me to his car I've never seen anyone so happy in my life. We drove in a sweet silence, its wasn't awkward it was a nice silence.

Half way to the school he placed his hand on mine and interlocked our fingers before bring our hands to his lips for a few seconds.

Kael parked outside the school and turned the car engine off before turning to look at me. He's blue eyes stared into mine and I could see his fear, he thinks I'm going to reject him.

"Kael..."

Before I got to even start talking he gently planted his lips on mine. I pressed mine against his give him the permission he wanted to properly kiss me. The kiss was short and sweet but it was enough for me, it was a kiss that suited the moment perfectly.

"Rikki I'm so, so sorry baby. I didn't mean what I said it just..it just slipped out, baby I love you and I don't care that your rogue."

I could see his eyes glossing over but he just blinked back his tears. I smiled at him and planted a small kiss on his lips.

"I know you didn't mean it, I forgive you Kael and I don't care that your the bad boy or that your the Alpha's son, I just love you."

His smile stretched from ear to ear. He planted a kiss on my cheek before jumping out the car and racing round the other side of the car to open my door. I couldn't help but laugh as he opened the door like a gentleman who would have thought the bad boy can act like a gentleman. We walked into the school and all eyes were on us. Kael growled at his pack members and they stopped talking about us and he growled at the rogues who were looking me up and down, he's going to be so over protective I can just see it.

He walked me to my locker and gently pressed his lips against mine and I kissed him back.

"Wait for me after your last class before lunch okay baby."

I nodded and to show that I wouldn't run off again I kissed him gently. I walked in the opposite direction to him and I could feel his eyes on me as I walked into my first class.

First and second class came and went and it was time for my last class before lunch.

As I got to class I bumped into Bentley, who pulled me into a hug and I hugged him back.

"I missed you Rikki, so much."

I squeezed him back tightly, I've missed my bear hugs from my brother I loved them when I was little and I still love them now.

"I missed you more Lee."

I whispered as he finally let me go and we turned to walk into class. Bentley then moved to sit next to me and we talked for the whole lesson. As we finally exited class, true to his word Kael was waiting outside for me.

He was lent up asked the wall but the second his eyes fell on me he kicked off the wall and walked straight in front of me and placed his hands on my hip in his protective manner.

Kael eyes looked up and he and Bentley exchanged glances but the second I tapped both their chests they both cut off their exchange. They looked down at me and smile as if they had come to an agreement that my happiness was more important.

Kael wrapped an arm over my shoulder and Bentley stayed by my side as we walked to lunch.

Both of them walked ahead making their way to sit with the other wolves, I guess their his pack members. I recognise the four guys from the field but I have no idea who anyone is.

I took a deep breath before slowly walked behind them, I don't feel right I mean I'm an outsider, a rogue but I guess my mate and brother have forgotten this factor.

They both sat down but when Kael realised I was still standing he stood back up and pulled me over to the table to sit with the others.

"Sis meet Dill, Ryan, Carter, Jude, Skippy, Lottie and Kilah."

Bentley said as he pointed to each person and Kael wrapped his arm around my waist to comfort me as my brother continued to introduce me to the people sitting at the table. Kael said there are more of them but their busy at the moment and I am glad I am a very shy person.

We talked for awhile and I felt like I had known them all my life it was like I have been a member of the pack for years.

Of course all good things have to come to an end and I'm not talking about the lunch bell. A she-wolf walked over and if looks could kill I wouldn't still be alive.

"What is this rogue doing in my chair!"

She snapped coursing me to jump and Kael to tighten his grip. Bentley, Dillon, Carter and Ryan let got a low growl and the girls pulled faces at the she-wolf. Jude looked over at me with a frightened look, he's just as scared of the she-wolf as me.

I didn't feel comfortable and both Kael as well as Bentley could tell.

Bentley more so then Kael as he grow up with me in the same hell for four years.

I got up to leave I can't be in this situation it makes me feel uneasy but before I could get up Kael lifted me up and placed me on his lap. He wraps his arm around my waist and whispered sweets words in my ear.

"Kael! Get that creature off your lap your my mate and I have the mark to prove it!"

The she-wolf moved her hair back to reveal a mark, it wasn't a mate mark but it was a mark never the less and it was enough for doubt to get into my mind.

Was this just a game, did Kael really love me or was he doing this because he wants to get back at rogues. I felt tears roll down my face all the sweet words he was whispering turned sour and I jumped out of his arms and off his lap.

Kael's face fell and a look of pain crossed his features but I looked away before running out the cafeteria.