Chapter Six: Avoiding

Kael's POV:
I watched as Rikki ran out the cafeteria and I didn't move. Jody sat by my side and grabbed my hand but I couldn't move or say anything all I could picture was Rikki running away with tears in her eyes.

But then something snapped Spades's anger and frustration took over and I was shoved to the back of my mind.

Spades's POV
I almost ripped Jody's arm off with the amount of force I used to get her hand off me. My anger bubbled and boiled through my veins how dare this she-wolf upset my mate!

"You stay away from me and my mate Jody or so help me I'll rip you apart do you understand!"

I wasted no time before I stormed off the bell was about to ring and I need to find Rikki. I sniff the air and it led me outside behind the bleachers where Rikki was sobbing.

"Rikki? Baby please don't cry."

I walked up to her and wrapped my one arm around her waist whilst the other rested on the back of her head as she buried her head in the coup of my neck.

"Sssshhhh, baby it's okay. Baby I'm all yours okay I love you."

Her cries just increased the more I told her that I loved her. I rested my head on hers and held her tight why is she still crying.

"Baby talk to me please, it's Spades not Kael you can talk to me."

I placed a gently kiss on her head and that's when I felt it; she slapped me right round the face sending me flying.

"Stay away your a liar, you don't love me you just want to get back at me for being rogue but news flash Mr bad boy I didn't choose to be a rogue but that's all you care about the fact your mate is a rogue why don't you go back to little miss perfect mate and leave me alone! I've been alone for eight years I don't need anyone!"

She pushed me to the ground before she shifted and ran away.

Not this again please not again, I can't lose you Rikki Adams and I won't lose what's mine!

I was about to shift when I was tackled to the ground. I let out a fearsome howl warning who ever to get off me or they'll regret it; I need to find Rikki.

"Let her go Spades, let her go she needs to cool off and so do you, let Kael have control back."

I let out one more fearsome howl before allowing Kael to have control.

Kael's POV:
"Okay I'm back in control you can let me get up now Carter. Where is everyone else?"

Carter slowly helped me up off the ground and I looked around it was just the two of us and usually wherever Carter is Jude is not far behind.

"She ran away again Carter, how am I supposed to love and protect my mate when she always runs and avoids me. She said she loved me this morning and now, every time we take a step forward in our relationship she always seems to fly three steps behind and we're back to square one."

Spades talk to me please, we'll get Rikki back I promise.

'Don't make promises you can't keep Kael, mate will always leave us and I guess we'll just have to be ready to fight for her.'

"It'll get better Kael, you just need to be patient with her, trust me it'll take time but you'll get there one day at a time. So you coming back in, Jude's getting anxious without me."

I look back at Carter and the school before looking back in the direction Rikki ran off to.

"I think I'll go for a run it's not like I don't miss school anyways."

Carter nodded before running off back to Jude and a small twinge of jealousy hit me, I wish my relationship with Rikki was like Carter and Jude's.

***Three Days Later***
This is torture Rikki has been avoiding me for three days and Spades won't talk to me I'm in my own definition of hell.

"Kael, Kael are you awoke? Bro it's time for school are you coming?"

For the last three days all I have done is give everyone the silent treatment and picked a fight with anyone and everyone; teachers, rogues even pack members I didn't care all I wanted was Rikki.

I dragged myself out of bed and looked in the mirror, I have bags under my eyes, my skin is pale and I have bruised knuckles.

I just want my mate. I sigh before getting dressed and jumping out the window and going to my car. I haven't gone downstairs in forever but I don't want my parents to see me like this and I want to avoid Jody it's her fault Rikki doubts me and my love!

The second I parked my car Rikki's scent hit my nose. I followed the scent and found her waiting by my locker.

She looked up and her face fell when she saw me or more likely my appearance as she was clearly waiting to talk to me why else would she be by my locker.

"Kael?"

I just nodded before looking at the floor I don't deserve to look at her. I felt her hand gently touch my cheek and lift my head up but I shut my eyes.

"Look at me please, look at me Kael."

She moved my one hand with hers and placed it on her waist before pulling the other to her face and I opened my eyes.

"I'm so, so sorry baby. Please don't leave me Rikki, it's only you baby no one else but you. Please don't leave me, I'm sorry baby I'm so sorry. Please forgive me baby your my mate, my rogue and I love you."

She pulled me close and my head fell to lie in the coup of her neck.

"Sssshhhh, Kael it's okay. I'm sorry too, I shouldn't have let that she-wolf upset me or make me doubt you. I love you and I forgive you because your my mate, my Alpha bad boy."