Chapter Fifty-Two: A Place To Call Our Own

Kael's POV:
I couldn't get the image out of my head. Me and Rikki watching the sunset was one of the greatest moments of my life. The way the sun lit up her eyes was just beautiful.

Despite my crutches which I think ruined the whole thing we had a nice walk along the beach.

I laid awake with Rikki wrapped securely in my arms, last night seemed more like a memory now but I couldn't help the smile that was plastered on my face from my dream.

I dreamt that I had gone to a house that Rikki and I owned after a long night at the pack house. In the garden was Rikki running around with a couple of kids, our kids but the second I walked outside they all ran into my arms. It was one of the best dreams I've ever had in my life, it was my future with my mate.

"Mmm, Kael stop moving."

I let out a soft chuckle as she snuggled up closer, then the best idea in the world crept into my head.

"Morning baby, Rikki it's time to wake up you've got school today."

She softly let out a groan into my chest before looking up at me through her beautiful green tired eyes. Her eyes flashed gold showing me that Melody was awake too.

"Do I have to get up, your nice and warm and I would much rather stay right here."

I kissed her forehead, I want her to stay with me in my arms too.

"No Kael here, with my head on your chest close to your heart. That's where I want to be always."

Reading my thoughts I see, well I want you close to my heart too baby it's where you belong. It's where you will always be right here in my heart forever.

"Don't think I haven't noticed you doing it too mister. I'd better get ready, a Luna can't be late even if it is for school."

She rolled her eyes as school left her lips and slowly got up.

"I know you hate school beautiful but I'll be back soon okay. I just need to get my energy levels up again and I can come back even with my crutches okay baby."

I would prefer to not have my crutches, they'll make me look weak but as long as she's happy then I don't care.

"How do I look?"

Rikki came back out and she looked beautiful, I really don't want her to go now.

"Nope your not going anywhere in that you look far to beautiful."

I sat up and brought her back towards me placing my hands on her waist and her hands fell around my neck.

"Oh and you think you can show me a better time than school."

She is such a tease. I pulled her closer and placed my lips on hers. Soon she'll be my wife, Rikki Moon I like how that sounds.

"As much as I would love to just have you stay with me all day baby you have to get to school. I can't have my Luna getting into trouble now can I."

She chuckled before giving me a final peck on the lips.

"I love you baby, I'll see you after school okay. Jude's got today off so I'll ask him to take me with him when he comes to get you and Carter."

There's that smile, goddess I love her smile.

She placed a kiss on my forehead before she left. Goddess I hate to watch her leave but if I'm going to do this then I need her to leave.

I huff before slowly getting out of bed, I go to stand but fall. I fell quite hard on the floor and I'm surprised no one heard me well at least no one came to check on me.

I just sighed as I reached for my crutches, the second my hand touch the cold metal Jude came running in.

"Kael are you okay?"

I nodded despite the small twinged of pain and he handed me my crutches before helping me to my feet.

"I'm fine Jude thanks. Jude before you go I need your help I have this plan but I can't do it on my own and I don't want Rikki to know it's..it's a surprise, well a surprise present."

As soon as I mentioned it was a present for Rikki Jude nodded. He and Carter are the most loyal to Rikki of course everyone is but Cart and Jude just have this devoted loyalty.

"So what's this great plan of your Kael? It can't be any better than getting engaged to her."

***Few Hours Later***
"Kael!"

Like I promised me and Jude waited outside the school for Rikki and Carter. Rikki ran straight into my arms and gently hugged me before I planted a gently kiss on her lips showing everyone in the parking lot that Rikki was mine.

"Hey baby miss me."

I whispered in between our kiss and she just nodded. I've missed her so much today especially when I was doing her surprise it didn't feel right doing it without her.

"Come on baby I have a surprise for you."

I gently wrapped her in my arms before we all got in the car Jude and Carter where in the front and me and Rikki in the back.

"So what's this surprise Kael?"

I kissed her forehead before resting my head on top of hers. I hope she likes this surprise keeping my feelings hidden from her is really hard.

"Wait and see baby, you'll see your surprise when we get home."

She huffed before relaxing, I started tracing circles along her neck and arms and she slowly started to close her eyes before eventually she fell to sleep.

"We're here Kael. Looks like they both had a busy day even Carter's fallen asleep."

I quietly chuckled before a smile surfaced on my face, I'm glad she fell asleep because now her present is still a surprise. I gently nudged her to wake up her.

"Baby, Rikki wake up we're here. Welcome home baby."

Kael & Rikki's New Home