Chapter Nineteen: Girlfriend

Kael's POV:
She remembers me, she licked my cheek before she ran off to fight.

I went to go after her but I was taken down and I watched as she went flying into a tree. When she didn't move I let out a loud growl.

I ran straight towards her and licked her cheek.

She didn't move but I could still hear her breathing so I took up stance in front of her warning any and all rogues away from her.

After about an hour the rogues that were left retreated.

I quickly shifted and lifted up Rikki's body she had shifted back after hitting her head.

"I've got you baby I've got you."

I whispered as I took her back to the pack house and up to our room. I placed her down before standing by her side and squeezed her hand; she remembers me. I kissed her forehead and her eyes flew open.

"Hey baby, are you okay?"

She leaped up and jumped into my arms, wrapping her legs round my waist. I pulled her closer to my chest and she locked her arms around my neck. I'll take that as a yes.

"Never do that to me again baby I thought I lost you."

I whispered and she nuzzled into my neck and her scent filled my nose, I'll never get tired of her scent it still drives me crazy even now.

"Never my Knight."

Despite the fact I am loving this, she need to rest and I'm exhausted. I gentle placed her on the bed but she pulled me down with her, I guess I'm doing the paperwork some other time.

I laid down on my side of the bed and Rikki moved into my arms placing her head on my chest.

"Your beautiful, you know that don't you."

I moved a strand of hair out of her face, she had fallen asleep bless her. I caressed her cheek before falling asleep myself with the knowledge that I had my mate back.

"Kael, Alpha, Kael."

I let out a groan will I ever catch a break here I swear, I looked down Rikki was still sound asleep in my arms.

"What is it now Jude, can't a man get any peace."

I rolled my eyes and wiped the sleep out them before whipping my hair back into place this better be good this is one of the best night sleeps I've had in awhile.

"Sorry Kael your dad said we've got to go to school."

Was he serious right now he woke me up for this I know he's just the messenger but come on.

"Alright thanks Jude we'll see you all at school."

I turned to look at Rikki she looked so peaceful it's a shame I have to wake her up but she's missed so much school.

"Kael, I got you guys your clothes."

I thanked him as he left I guess I need to wake up my Luna. I gave her a small nudge before slowly moving her off me and onto the bed, I'll get dressed first.

"Rikki, baby it's time to wake up."

I whispered as I place a gentle kiss on her forehead to wake her up and she let out a soft groan.

"Kael what's going on?"

I kissed her head and placed her clothes on the bed, I decided to get us some breakfast I was starving I image Rikki was hungry too.

"You ready baby, I got us some breakfast my dad wants us to go to school. Come on everyone else is waiting at school and I know they really want to see you."

I picked her up and carried her to the car, I'll never grow tired of her saying she can walk.

By the time we got to school we had to go straight to lesson but today I had a different class to Rikki so Bentley and Jace said they would watch her, I feel like I'm going to go insane if anything happens to her again there is only so much my heart can take literally.

What Bentley told me about Rikki shifting had been playing on my mind the whole day shifting at eight is very rare and dangerous.

Bentley told me he was ten when he shifted.

So I'm not sure why they had such a gap I know they are twins but that's ridiculous especially for her to shift younger.

I had to endure three lessons without Rikki and it was driving me and Spades insane. I've only just got her back and I haven't spent any time with her. So when lunch finally came I was over joyed, I raced out the door and sat at our table in the cafeteria.

As soon as the others got their lunch and sat down I waited patiently for my beautiful Rikki.

The minute she came to sit down I felt calm knowing she was sitting here with me now that was all I need. I slowly moved closer to her and I wrapped my arm around her waist.

I saw rogues looking at Rikki and let out a low growl. Rikki looked up at me and rubbed her head against my chest which calmed me down in seconds.

"It's okay Kael I'm all yours."

I felt Spades howl in my head and a smile slipped on my face, she is all mine and I want everyone to know it.

I watched as everyone started talking but Spades wasn't satisfied and he made me pick Rikki up and put her on our lap. She just smiled up at me and peck my lips before she just laid back against my chest and continued to talk with Jace, Jude and Carter.

I kissed her neck looking at the rogues and they turned away in disgust. With a smile on my face I went back to watching Rikki.

I'm glad she trusts them, Jace is very strong and will protect her, Carter is kind and will do anything to help her and Jude, he can relate to her in so many ways, in ways I can't. She can turn to him when she can't turn to me and when she's too embarrassed to talk to Bentley.

I kissed her forehead and she looked up at me, it's now or never.

"Baby I know a lot has happened recently and we haven't known each other long but will you be my girlfriend Rikki Adams?"