Chapter Thirty-Nine: Heal In Time

Rikki's POV:
"Come on Kael please I really want to go for a run."

"I don't think that's a good idea baby."

It's been a few weeks since I got discharged and Kael won't let me do anything I've just been on bed rest. He won't let me out of his sight when he has to go he makes someone stay with me.

"Kael please I'm tired of bed rest I'm fine now."

He gave me a look that said it all he wasn't letting me go. He then turned and walked out our room. I got up and walked over to the door and that is when I heard it lock.

"Kael! Kael you better not have locked me in here! Kael!"

I can't believe he just locked me in here. I screamed and kicked at the door but it was no use.

"Kael let me out!"

I screamed through our mind link but he just shut me out. I thought about trying again but I didn't, I was angry at him. So bloody angry with him!

I slide down the door so if he did try to get in I would stop him. Ok I know this is childish but he started it.

I am not going to be locked up like a pet animal.

"This floor is so un-comfy and it's cold, Melody. Why the hell did he lock me in here!? What the hell is his problem?! We are meant to be mates and he's shutting me out."

'Rikki, you sound crazy talking to yourself. Look I don't like this very much either but he is just scared of losing us.'

"Scared of losing me, really right now Melody. He's losing me this way because I don't even recognize the Kael I knew anymore, the Kael I love isn't that man right now."

She just whimpered at my comment and shut me out as well.

I must have fallen asleep because I woke to the sound of knocking. I didn't move I just stayed completely still.

I hear sighing behind the door and then foot steps slowly moving away, I could sense it was Kael his scent hit me instantly. I felt horrible for not letting him in.

No, no I can't think like this I'm angry with him.

'Sure your angry with him. Rik you can't be angry at him even if you tried you would want to forgive him.'

"Shut up Melody. Just shut up and get out of my head."

I felt tears roll down my face, I didn't want to be like this. I don't want to be angry at Kael or Melody I just want things to go back to the way they were.

Kael's POV:
When I left I was angry, not at Rikki of course but at myself. I just want to keep her safe but she...

'Just wants to go back to the way things were.'

Yes thanks for making me feel better Spades I know I messed up, I know I shouldn't have locked her in our room but I just.

I just want to...

'Protect her, I know I do too but this isn't the answer. Go talk to her, you locked her in and haven't let her talk through are link. She'll think we are neglecting her.'

I know I get it your not helping.

I walked back to our room to see trays of food outside untouched. I thought about knocking on the door that was until I heard her.

I could hear her talking to herself and my heart stung. Once she was a sleep I tried to open the door but she was lent against it so I just gently knocked.

When she didn't answer my heart stung again so I slowly walked away and that was when I heard her faint cries.

'What are you doing you idiot go into her she needs us.'

Please Spades your making this even harder I know I should go to her but she, she doesn't want to see me. She hates me. I messed up.

'Kael don't say that she can't hate you, she can't hate us. She's.. she's our mate, our marked mate!'

But it's not completed, someone could mark her again and complete it and she'll be theirs forever. I could lose her and it will be my damn fault.

'I said stop that Kael! Don't say that she's mine!'

Spades's POV:
I final snapped when he said that, mate is ours no one else will take her No One!

'Spades no let me have control back now. Rikki needs to heal and to do so we need to give her some space.'

That's not happening I won't lose mate because of you!

I didn't want to hurt Rikki if I broke the door down so I ran outside and started climbing to the window. I am glad I left this open well Kael left it open.

I walked slowly over to Rikki, she was sat against the door with her face in her hands, crying.

"Baby? Rikki please don't cry. Baby please."

I moved her hands out her face, her beautiful green eyes that I love were all red and sore. I felt my heart ache again looking at her face.

"Kael?"

She sniffled and I gently shook my head placing my hands on her red cheek.

"No, close baby. It's Spades."

I say pulling her into my arms, I want her to be mine. I want her to be only mine but right now I'll just hold her.

"Rikki baby, Kael heard you."

I breath hearing Kael yell to keep my mouth shut but I won't. I'm taking control right now and I will be honest with her.

"I..I didn't mean it, I just..."

I hushed her by planting small kisses on her lips. I could taste her tears as I kissed her. I don't want her to cry, I want her to smile. I want her to kiss me and hear her say I love you.

"I love you Little Wolf."

I say in between our kiss, as I lifted her up and carry her over to our bed. She wrapped her arms around my neck and I wrapped mine around her waist as we deepened our kiss.

"I love you too, my knight I am so sorry. I love you Kael and I love you Spades."