Chapter Four: Making Up

Rikki's POV:
I ran home and went for a bath, by the time I got home my lesson was over which means Kael will know I've gone but I don't care. Melody hasn't spoken to me since I left school.

After my bath I noticed the rain had stopped and decided to go for a run. I haven't shifted in a while but with the way Melody is ignoring me I assumed I would be in control which is what I wanted, I don't like giving Melody control which is a bad thing really as Melody should have some freedom but I don't trust her decisions most of the time.

I huffed before getting into my tracksuit and running outside. I made it to the woods and took off my clothes before shifting although we usually keep are clothes on even after we shift sometimes the clothes can get ripped and this tracksuit is new.

I shake off my fur before running off into the woods. I feel the rain water drip on my fur as it falls off the leaves. It feels nice as I dodge through trees and jump over rocks and branches.

As I run faster and faster I find myself running close to the school. I want to see if Bentley has left yet but what I see shocks me there is my mate being attacked by my brother.

Although everything in me was screaming to go and stop the fight, to protect my mate and stop my brother from getting hurt I just watched.

I studied my mate, he could stop this. He could attack Bentley but he doesn't, I can see blood dripping down his fur from his legs and sides but still I'm frozen in place watching.

Kael's wolf is a beautiful dark brown colour almost black with grey patches that run across his back and his eyes are a dusty silver colour.

His wolf is beautiful, it's similar to Kael's human form but I can't help but miss his dark black hair and stunning blue eyes. I miss his eyes the most they remind me of the ocean.

I watched as my strong mate hit the floor and I was finally able to engage my legs. I ran right into the middle of their fight.

I planted myself right in front of my mate so if Bentley or more likely Sage wanted to get to Kael he'd have to go through me. I growled to warn Sage off before slowly turning to my mate.

I leant my head down and rubbed it against his before gently licking over his ear. I carefully nudged his side to encourage him to stand up, I want to make sure he's okay for one and I want to make sure that Bentley knows he didn't just injure his best friend and alpha too badly.

Once he was on his feet I turns back to look at my brother. I looked at Bentley before he slowly drops to the floor showing his neck to Kael as a sign that he is sorry and submits to Kael.

I watched Kael carefully as he moved over to my brother. Kael slowly nuzzled his head in Bentley's neck to show him that he forgives him.

Bentley slowly got up and I watched as Kael fell to the ground. Bentley drops to the ground next to Kael with his head in his paws and a frightened look plastered on his face.

I walks around Kael before lying by his side, his head fell in between my front paws. I could see how tired he was, so I gently licked his head before gives him a smile.

I rested my head on his, as I know my presences will help him to heal. I watched as his body relaxed as the last of his wounds healed before he finally stood up.

He leant his head down and licked behind my ears before he turned to rub his head against Bentley's to calm him down.

I smiled as I watched my mate and brother make up before I slowly rose to my feet.

Kael walked back over to me and looked at me again before he rubbed his head against mine, as if apologising for his insult earlier. I nudged his head gently and he laid down in front of me placing his head in between his paws and looked up at me.

I sighed before licking over his head once again showing that I was slowly forgive him, I will never forget it but I will forgive him in time.

With one last lick on his cheek I race off the field and into the woods leaving my brother and mate, thankfully they didn't follow me. I made it back to my hidden clothes and slowly got dressed before making my way home.

I live alone in a rented apartment building it's not bad but I do miss the company especially when Melody decides she's not talking to me.

I fell onto my couch and slowly close my eyes when my phone beeps.

I look down to see a few messages from Bentley. I rolled my eyes he clearly got my number off the receptionist and here I thought I'd get some privacy. I shake my head before reading the text messages.

'Hey Rik, I missed you so much.'

'Rikki I'm sorry I attacked your mate. I just...I lost control sis and Sage took over, I'm sorry.'

'Rikki please answer me I hate it when you don't talk to me.'

'Rikki I swear to the Moon Goddess if you don't answer I'm coming to your apartment building!'

'Ok I'm sorry. Ben I've only just got back home to read your messages I'm sorry okay. I know you didn't mean it Lee, I love you. I know you worry about me but I can take care of myself you know but I have missed Sage's over protectiveness. :)'

We texted for a few hours before I texted him goodnight and told him I'd see him tomorrow. Tomorrow I'll have to face Kael and I've made up my mind about us.