Chapter Twenty-Four: Date Night - Part Three

Bentley's POV:
After saying goodbye to everyone it was just me, Kilah, Carter, Jude and Tyler. Tyler of course remained in his room, I feel bad that he hasn't got a mate but he'll find someone better than Jody.

"Carter, Jude you do realise that you don't have to hide when your around Rikki right, your mates and we can all clearly see it's driving you both crazy not been close to reach other like you normally are. Why don't you guys go out, go have some fun your always here for everyone else let us be here for you."

Jude looked at Carter with hopeful eyes, he's only ever completely comfortable around Carter and they need time together.

"Go get ready I'll meet you here in ten minutes okay babe."

I chuckled as Jude ran straight for his and Carter's room. I smiled as I felt Kilah's arms wrap around me and I span round to face her. She smiled up at me and kissed my lips.

"So did you do that to help them or so we could be alone."

She whispered as Carter was running around grabbing a blanket, a few lanterns, two hoodie, his car keys and his shoes.

"Maybe a bit of both but Tyler's still here so we won't be completely alone anyway baby girl. Hey you sure you don't mind us not going out, everyone else is on a date but us."

She shook her head and kissed my lips once again.

"Ben how many times do I have to tell you, everyday with you is special and I feel loved I don't need a date for you to show me something that you show me everyday."

I'm glad that of all the people in the world that could have been my mate, the Moon Goddess gave me her.

"I'd give you the world if you asked for it baby girl, I love you."

I rested my head against hers, she may not want to go on a date but she never said I couldn't bring a date to her.

"Ready, do I look okay?"

We both turned and smiled at Jude, when he's in a new environment he's always so self-conscious it annoys me that his old pack broke him like this.

"You look great Jude, Carter will love it."

I kissed the side of Kilah's head just as Carter came through the door with a huge smile on his face.

"She's right babe you look amazing. Right we'll see you two later."

Carter and Jude laced their fingers and headed to the door with Kilah and I following them so Kilah could hug Jude goodbye.

"Make sure you check on Tyler for me."

I nodded as the two of them jumped into the last car well it's a good job I didn't plan on taking Kilah anywhere.

I wrapped my arm around Kilah's waist as she waved Carter and Jude off the drive. I hope they have fun tonight they deserve it with all the work the two of them do.

"I'll go check on Tyler then we can go get a pizza and watch a movie."

The smile on her face made Sage howl with joy well I guess we're having a date after all just a movie night and a pizza perfect.

"Tye? Tyler hey you okay?"

When he didn't answer I walked into the room to find the window wide open, I just sighed I guess he wanted some time alone.

"Come on baby girl, Tyler's gone for a run we'll get the pizza now and buy a movie and hopefully Tyler will be back when we get back so he can eat, I hope he's okay."

I whispered the last part but Kilah clearly heard me as she wrapped her arms around me.

"He'll be fine Ben, let's go get some food if anything can get Tyler back it's food. Ben, maybe you should take your own advise and take a day off you always play big brother to everyone take a moment to relax a little okay."

I cupped her face in my hands and placed a kiss on her lips before taking her hand and leading her outside.

"So what type of pizza do you fancy baby girl?"

I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and she held my hand as we walked through the streets, it's a nice area.

"Chicken, bacon and extra cheese sounds great to me."

I kissed the top of her head before stopping outside the pizza place. Come on! Above the door was a sign with big bold red letters saying CLOSED.

"Come on we'll order Chinese."

We started walking back through the park it's a nice night and we have literally walked all this way for nothing. I spotted a band and people dancing under trees lit with fairy lights.

"Do you want to dance baby girl?"

Her smile was so bright, as she lead my over to a spot and I wrapped my arms around her waist whilst hers wrapped around my neck.

"So beautiful."

I whispered before spinning her out and then back into my arms but their was something off, a scent in the air that made my blood boil.

"Sage calm down, come on let's go home."

I could feel Sage fighting for control but I pushed him back I can't shift in front of all these humans it'll put Kilah at risk.

As we got back to the penthouse I ran to one of the spare unfinished rooms and locked the door behind me shutting Kilah out. I could feel my canines rip through my gums and my claws attract, I looked in the mirror and my eyes were completely black.

"Ben? Bentley are you okay?"

Sage we need to calm down, she's safe we need to calm down.

'He touched our mate! How did He find us, He should be died! Mate isn't safe! Melody isn't safe! Pack's not safe!'

"Ben please."

She's crying Sage, she's crying we need to calm down we're hurting her, we always tell each other everything.

"Bentley please let me in Bentley."

I could hear movement, someone's coming and their going to see Kilah cry. Sage we need to calm down and see Kilah.

"Kilah what's wrong?"

It's Kael and Rikki, damn it! Sage if Rikki doesn't kill me Kael will we need to calm down and talk to Kilah I can't stand to hear her cry and I know you hate it too.

"It's Bentley something happened and he wouldn't talk to me, he wouldn't let me in."

Sage I swear to the Moon Goddess she's crying her eyes out!

Kilah is really upset, Sage we're hurting her! I don't want to hurt Kilah and I know you don't want to either please, we need to calm down.

"Lee open this door."

I could hear Rikki banged on the door, Sage this is getting worse we need to calm down and apologise to Kilah.

'We can't let Rikki see us like this. I don't want her worrying about Him Bentley, I don't want her to have to go through all those horrible memories and be scared.'

"Go away Rikki, I don't want to talk to anyone."

Sage, I don't want Rikki to think about Him either but if you don't calm down she'll break the door down.

"Bentley Michael Adams let me in right know or so help.."

I quickly unlocked the door and stood with my back to the door. My jaw clenched and my hands rolled up in fists now she's going to be thinking of Him, why does He always ruin everything!