Chapter Forty-Seven: Engaged

Rikki's POV:
The last words that came out of Kael mouth was that he was sorry, tears rolled down his face as his eyes closed.

I felt numb as the others crowded around us.

"Rikki? Rikki are you okay? Rikki it's Carter talk to me. What happened? Rikki I need you to let Jace take Kael to the doctor okay. Rikki? Rikki answer me please."

I couldn't speak, I couldn't even register what Carter was saying.

I let my body go numb and I allowed my body to fell backwards into Carter's arms, I welcomed the darkness.

I opened my eyes to find that I was no longer in the field but in hospital, I'm really starting to hate this place. I'll be amazed if I graduate school I mean I spend more time here then there.

I held my head, I have a major headache. I just rolled my eyes as I started to get up there was only one thing, one person on my mind.

Melody, can you hear me? Where is Kael?

'Well hello there my name's Melody it's nice to met you and who might you be if you don't mind me asking.'

Melody I swear to the moon goddess I will never let you out or in control again if you don't stop being stupid. Kael was hurt this is not something to joke about you hear me Spades is hurt do you care?!

'Of course I care, I love Spades it pains me to know they are hurt and I swear to the moon goddess if you threaten me I'll threaten you back!'

I'm not talking to you anymore I'll find Kael myself!

I scanned the room to find Carter asleep in a chair. I sighed as I walked over to him, I gently shook his shoulder.

"Cart? Carter wake up?"

I whispered and he shifted in his sleep before slowly opening his eyes, I do wonder if he has a mate or not and if so I hope his mate is okay with him being here.

"Luna, I mean Rikki are you okay?"

He yawned and slowly got up from the chair. I smile at him as he fixed his hair before I hugged him.

"Um..Rikki what's this for?"

I smiled to myself as I slowly let go, he really doesn't know wow. I am so making sure he and his mate get a week off.

"For being a good friend Carter. Where is Kael?"

He took a deep breath before smiling, he then took my hand and lead me to another room. He knocked on the door and Jude answered, his face lit up when he saw Carter.

"Hey, hey Rikki. I was about to come and check on you, Kael just woke up and he wants to see Rikki."

I smiled at Jude as I hugged him and then I hugged Carter before walking in to sit by Kael. His eyes were closed, his breathing was so steady; he looked peaceful and a smile crept onto my face.

"Kael?"

I whispered as I gently stroked his cheek. He moved into my touch with his eyes still closed, he was shifting in his sleep. As he did my attention was drawn to the bandages around his body.

"Kael, Kael wake up. It's me, I'm here Knight wake up."

I calmly whispered and he slowly started to open his eyes. Once he saw me he gave me a small smile.

"Hey baby."

He breathed as he reached out for my hand. I placed my hand in his and he brought me closer.

"I'm so sorry baby, I know I scared you. I love you Rikki Adams so much and I can't wait to marry you, after graduation we can set a date or wait I don't care as long as I'm with you."

I smiled at him before he gently pulled me to come lie with him and I did. His words were so beautiful but he always had a way with words.

"It's okay; I love you too Kael Moon, and I can't wait to marry you either. How are you feeling Knight? You look better then earlier pale is not a good look on you."

He let out a light chuckle before giving me his famous smile.

"I'm okay baby. Spades and I are heal fine now, the doc said the wound on my chest will heal the slowest and I'll have a permanent scar and I'll have to learn how to walk again, to get the strength back in my muscles but the rest of the wounds should heal and leave no trace."

I took a deep breath as I processed the information, I don't care if he has a scar or about him needing help to walk I'm just glad he's okay.

"I'm glad your okay. Plus I heard scars can be sexy."

I whispered with a wink and he chuckled again. I placed my head gently on his shoulder before slowly tracing lines and shapes over the bandages on his chest and I heard Kael purr.

"I like it when you do that baby."

He whispered as he closed his eyes and breathed deeply, he was at peace. I smiled as I continued as I looked back down at my hand that was tracing over Kael's chest I couldn't help but let my smile grow as I saw my engagement ring.

"Kael you know Carter has he got a mate?"

Kael slowly opened his eyes with a curious look on his face before a smile slowly crept up on his lips.

"You wondering because he always seems to be around, well yeah he has a mate. I wonder if you could guess who his mate is baby. I don't think you'll guess who."

I raised my eyebrows as if to tell him challenge accepted and he gave me a smirk as if to say start guessing.

"Is it Jude?"

Kael jaw was lost under the floor boards I swear his jaw probably knocked out the patients below.

"How the hell did you get that right?"

I tried to not smile, I pressed my lips together to try and stop myself but I couldn't.

"Well Mr Moon you'll have to guess won't you."

I whispered with a smirk as I snuggled into him. I slowly closed my eyes relaxing, finally this Christmas is over.

"Oh don't worry I will challenge accepted Mrs Moon."

Rikki's Ring

Rikki's Ring.