Chapter Forty-Nine: Trust Me, Marry Me

Kael's POV:
Weeks I've been on bed rest for weeks. I spent Rikki's birthday in bed all because of the rogue attack. I wanted to take her to so many places well my safe spot, the beach but no I had to lie in bed.

It was even worse with new year, the pain was and still is excruciating.

So much so that Rikki didn't go out and celebrate the new year with everyone else, even through she said she didn't care I cared.

But that wasn't the worst the worst was having to let her go back to school without me. I was on edge the whole day, everyday. Rogues roamed freely at school and I can't protect Rikki from the pack house.

She's been alone for three weeks without me there to protect her.

But it is the highlight of my day when she comes back with a smile on her face and not a scratch mark on her.

"Hey Knight."

She whispered climbing into bed next to me and placing a kiss on my head. I interlocked our fingers as she snuggled her head into my shoulder.

"Hey baby, how was school?"

She went on to tell me about her day but I fell asleep, knowing she was by my side allowed me to sleep.

I woke up to the sound of Rikki's phone beeping, I looked around for Rikki but I could hear the shower running so I reached over to get her phone. Getting into her phone was easy as I knew her password.

I read the message that was sent to her and I could feel my heart breaking piece by piece.

Although Rikki didn't reply to all the messages it still hurt who ever was texting her was asking her out or flirting with her and she didn't stop it.

"Kael did my phone..."

She trailed off as she saw me reading, the look on her face said it all and all I felt was betrayal. My mate was betraying me.

"Is it true? Would you rather be with him then me?"

I could hear my voice cracking and Spades whimpering in my head, she..she betrayed us.

"Kael, Kael how did you get into my phone?"

I turned my head to look away from her is that all she cares about the fact that I got into her phone, I clenched the phone so tight in my hand I'm surprised I didn't break it.

"Is that all you care about. When you went missing I had to guess the password to find you, I tried everything. I'm not going to lie it hurt when you didn't use my name or Spades but then I tried 'Knight' and do you love him more than me Rikki?"

The pain in my heart was starting to turn into anger. I throw her phone across the room before tears fell down my face.

"You don't love me anymore; just..just leave me alone Rikki."

I couldn't look at her it hurt too much, I turned my body despite the pain to the side so I couldn't look at her. I could feel my mate bond slowly fading.

"Kael?"

Our mark was disappearing as my heart was breaking, the trust I had with Rikki was breaking too.

"Kael, Kael babe? Kael I love you and only you, your my one and only. Babe, Danny's just an idiot I have to work on a project with him so we needed to exchange numbers but I don't care about his words. Kael?"

Her voice cracked near the end as she said my name, she could feel it.

"Kael..Kael please. My Knight, I love you please. Kael..Kael you have to trust me, marry me Kael. Marry me please."

I turned around still crying, to look at her face she had tears running down her cheeks as she lent down to hold my hand. I looked into her eyes whilst her words echoed in my head.

"You should already know my answer baby, I love you Little Wolf."

Her eyes flashed gold before our lips collided, I could feel how afraid she was to lose me in this kiss and I was afraid to lose her too.

She slowly trailed her kisses down my lips to my jaw and to my neck. I took deep breaths to try and calm Spades down he was getting excited especially when I felt something cold on my skin.

I felt a slight pinch before pleasure, my mate; my Rikki just marked me. She claimed me as her own.

She trailed her kisses back up to my lips as if to tell me it's my turn, which of course I was happy to oblige. I trailed my kisses as she did from her lips to her jaw and finally to her neck.

I playfully teased her by kissing and sucking along her neck, I heard her purr in delight as I finally bit down leaving my mark once again.

'Can we complete bond with mate?'

Spades I didn't think that's a good idea right know bud, we're still healing and I don't think Rikki want's to complete it yet.

"Kael? Kael?"

I turned my head to look at her before gently caressing her cheek, I will never doubt her again; never.

"Yeah baby, what's the matter?"

I reached for her left hand and rubbed circles along the top as I stared at her engagement ring, my mate, my soon to be wife.

"I..I want to complete our bond. I don't want you to feel like this again babe and I'll be able to mind link you and we can feel how eachother feels. It's okay if it's not perfect I don't care about that, I just want you."

I gave her a small smile before she gently started to kiss me.

***Awhile Later***
I laid semi awake and semi asleep, looking at my mate. We finally completed our bond, I could hear her thoughts and feel her emotions. She was thinking about me and our future together.

"I love you Rikki and I always will."

Rikki & Kael's Mark

Rikki & Kael's Mark