Chapter Thirty-Eight: Black Out

Rikki's POV:
I opened my eyes to see I was in a hospital bed. Was it just a dream?

I started looking around for Kael and I couldn't find him anywhere. Melody, Melody can you hear me.

'I'm here, I'm here.'

Thank god what happened, why didn't you help me. Where is Kael, why does my head hurt?

'Alright calm down girl. One question at a time. First tell me what you remember.'

I remember shooting dad, then collapsing. I remember Kael telling me to wake up, then Jace catching me, then Carter panicking about Kael and Jackson coming in. That was it until I loss consciousness.

'Okay well um...I don't know what happened then either.'

What! Melody, where is Kael? We have to find him now!

'Girl you collapsed for a reason you needed to stay in bed. Why don't you call for a nurse or see if Bentley can get someone for you.'

Good idea.

"Bentley, Bentley you awake."

The second I looked up to the door Bentley was there with a small smile on his panicked face.

"Rik, thank god your okay."

He whispered pulling me into a hug and I hugged him back. I could feel the panic radiating off him.

"I'm ok Ben, but..but what happened? Where's Kael?"

He hushed me and held me tight. It was like he was afraid I was going to disappear, what the hell happened.

"It's okay sis it's ok. You weren't meant to leave the hospital, Kael was so worried about you. When you were unconscious the first time, Kilah told me what Kael said to you. I'll tell you if you want?"

I nodded my head I need to know what happened? Why Kael was so sad and broken.

"He said something along these lined, Rikki please, please if you can hear me please wake up. I need you, I need you more then ever right now. Rikki I'm falling apart without you I need you beside me I'm not..I'm not strong enough. Please Rikki, please wake up I love you."

I felt tears roll down my face that was so beautiful. I wish I was awake to hear him say that. I wish he just told me.

"Rik, Kael didn't sleep, he didn't even eat. I think something else happened but he never told Kilah or me but it was bad. Kael collapsed because he wasn't looking after himself."

Oh Kael why didn't you look after yourself. I could feel his pain from are bond I need to see him.

"Bentley I need to see Kael, I need to make sure he's okay."

Bentley sighed and looked down at me.

"I..I don't know Rikki your meant to stay in bed."

I gave him my puppy-dog eyes. I need to go and see Kael this is all my fault, I should have just stayed in bed then Kael wouldn't have pushed himself over the edge.

"Rik please don't look at me like that. Oh okay Rik I'll take you to see Kael but I'll be carrying you okay."

I just nodded my head I'm too tired to argue and I just want to see Kael. Bentley lifted me up and carried me down a long corridor.

I rested my head on Bentley's chest trying to calm down I'm so worried about Kael. This is all my fault I shouldn't have gone off on my own personal vendetta.

"I'll put you with Kael and leave you both alone."

I nodded my head as we stepped into Kael's room. He looked really sick why didn't you take care of yourself Kael.

"Kael, it's me. Rikki's awake, she wanted to come and see you."

Bentley said as he laid me beside Kael who slowly opened his eyes. The second he saw me he lit up and wrapped his arms gently around my waist.

He's grip was so weak and it really upset me to see him like this.

"Little Wolf your okay."

He whispered and I nodded resting my head on his chest. Oh Kael, Melody why didn't you tell me why didn't you stop me?

'I tried girl but you were preoccupied.'

"I'm so sorry Kael I didn't mean for this to happen. Why didn't you tell me you weren't looking after yourself."

He just sighed pulling me close into his chest inhaling my scent. He's avoid the question.

"Kael please."

I whispered as he sighed again. I nuzzled in closer to him secretly helping him to heal better and faster.

"What are you doing baby?"

He questioned. Damn it he noticed of course that didn't stop me, I kept going until I felt tired and Kael looked on boarder line to his normal self.

"Making you feel better, now tell me what's wrong?"

He sighed once more with a small smile on his face. He looked down at me taking a deep breath.

"Okay, I just..I just couldn't function without you. I didn't want to go on with you not by my side. When I did fall asleep before you woke up I dreamed you died Rikki. I saw your grave and Jody told me she was my second chance mate. I just couldn't cope with losing you."

He breathed tightening his grip. I could feel the strength in his grip again.

"When I woke up and found you missing my heart sank in my chest. I was so worried someone took you. I ran around for a while until I caught your scent. Then seeing you on the floor cover in blood I just lost it."

He took another deep breath I didn't mean to scare him.

"I've missed you baby so much. I love you."

He whispered in my ear sending chills down my spine I've missed this feeling so much.

"I missed you too Knight. I love you more."

He rests his head on mine and placed his lips on mine planting small kisses. Dear goddess I've missed him.

"It's impossible for you to love me more little wolf."