Eight

Benjamin puts on some black skinny jeans, followed by a hoodie. He sighs, sitting at his vanity. He grabs his foundation, before setting it back down.

He'd almost officially given up on doing his makeup.

He uses his phone to text Noah if he would pick him up for school. He does a small jog downstairs in his untied converse.

His mom looks at him. "Morning, honey."

He smiles and grabs a granola bar from the pantry.

Olivia frowns at his silence. "Benny? Is everything alright?"

"Yea."

Ms.Evans sighs, setting her head in her hands. "I've been thinking...I'm gonna put you back in therapy."

"What! Why?" Benjamin crosses his arms.

"I think you need it. You're acting like it again. You're not dressing how you used to, you're not talking to me."

"No...I'm not going back. I don't want to." Benjamin hears the doorbell ring. He shakes his head as he walks away to answer the door.

"Hello." Noah smiles.

"Can we go?" Benjamin grabs his things and walks out of the door.

Noah smiles, simply waving to Olivia before following Benjamin out to his car. He gets in the drivers seat, glancing at Benjamin. "Is everything alright?"

"Yea. She's just annoying." Benjamin responds.

"Wanna tell me about it."

Benjamin opens his granola bar, shrugging. "She still covering her ass. I know she sleeping with my dad so why won't she just say it?"

Just then, Noah's phone starts ringing, which Benjamin was thankful for as he didn't want to talk about his mom anymore.  Benjamin grabs it, looking at Noah. "It's Ximena."

"Answer it."

Benjamin answers the phone, appalled by how fast she was speaking.

They talked for a few minutes, going back and forth  about some drama that was happening back at home.  After their, very weird conversation, Noah pulls into a parking space.

"Sorry about that. Ximena, she speaks her mind." Noah says, putting his phone in his front pocket.

"What happened?"

"What do you mean? She was on speaker?" Noah asks.

"Uh...I don't speak Spanish." Benjamin simply smiles.

"Oh...oh yea, shit sorry." Noah smiles and steps out of the car. Benjamin laughs, grabbing his bag to follow him.

"Her best friend had sex with the guy she likes so she was beyond pissed."

"Shit. That's horrible." Benjamin cringes.

"Yea. It's fucked." Noah says.

Benjamin furrows his brows before glancing up at Noah. "Do you like her?"

"What? No, I don't."

"Are you sure?"

"We're best friends. Strictly friend zone." Noah replies.

"So...do you like Kiara?"

"No. Benjamin, I think I know someone I like, I just can't tell them yet." Noah shrugs.

"Come on!"

"Sorry. That's sacred ground."

Benjamin sticks his bottom lip out. "Come on!"

Noah nods his head. "Okay...first, you tell me who you find attractive in this school."

"Easy. You."

Noah looks away from Benjamin, blushing. Benjamin shrugs his shoulders. "What? Is that such an obvious answer. You're not ugly. Now tell me who you like."

The bell rings, Noah smiling. "We should get to class."

**

Benjamin hums, pointing at Kiaras table. "You one hundred don't like her?"

"I don't." Noah shakes his head.

"Okay...um...how about Elizabeth Collins?"

"The druggie?"

"She's not a druggie. She has a medical marijuana card." Benjamin scoffs.

Benjamin tilts his head, looking around the classroom. "Karen Stewart?"

"Why are you only naming girls?" Noah asks.

"Uh...cause your straight?"

"You sure?" Noah shrugs his shoulders. "You don't know anything."

"Okay. If your gay, what's your type?"

"Uhm. I'm up for anything. I don't judge."

"Top or bottom?" Benjamin asks jokingly.

"What?" Noah crosses his arms.

"Are you top or bottom?"

Top." Noah flashes his smile.

"Maybe you really are gay...most people don't know what that means." Benjamin sighs and sits back.

"I'm telling you. You don't listen."

"Okay. Boys...What kind of boys..." Benjamin asks to himself as he scanned his eyes across the classroom.

The bell rings and Noah grabs his things, starting to walk out the classroom.  Benjamin catches up to him, "Okay. How about....Seth Parker? He's bi."

"Nope. I don't even know who that is."

They get to Benjamin's classroom. Noah smiles at him. "See ya after class." He winks at him before walking away.

***