Eleven

tw: homophobic slurs

**

Benjamin puts his backpack over his shoulder before searching his messy vanity for his earbuds. He then searches for his textbook, which was somehow under his vanity.

He really needed to do some cleaning. He grabs his textbook, jogging downstairs. His missteps cause him to trip, dropping his book in the process, followed by his phone.

Someone picks it up, handing it to him.  "Be more careful, son."

Benjamin looks up, seeing his dad. He gets off the ground and grabs it from his dad. "Thanks."

He furrows his brows as he walks away, glancing back at him. He heads out to Noah's car, which was parked outside. He curses loudly when he drops his textbook again.

He grabs it off the ground before opening the passenger's door.

Noah smiles at him. "You okay?"

"I'm fine." He gets in the car, strapping himself in before giving out a loud sigh. "I'm so shaky today. I don't know why."

"Maybe it's your mom? You guys are in a weird spot right now." Noah responds.

"Yeah, Maybe...I don't know." Benjamin runs his fingers through his hair.

Noah shrugs his shoulders. "Wanna go to Starbucks? Get you a coffee?"

"Y-yeah. That'd be nice".

*

"He drove him to school, Zoē," Kiara says as she takes a seat next to her, crossing her arms.

"Calm down. They could be just friends." Zoē says.

Kiara rolls her eyes at Zoē. "Cause friends hold each other's hands?"

"You and I hold hands."

"Difference is, we're not gay."

Zoē rolls her eyes. "Nothing official has been announced. I'll ask Noah myself."

"What?"

"I'm going to ask him. We have gym together. Maybe then you'll stop being a psycho." Zoē gets up and walks away.

*

Noah chuckles with some of the guys his with. "Bro? No that clearly made it in!"

One of the guys, by the name of Lucas, shoves him. "You lying, dawg. That def circled the rim and fell."

They result in laughing together. "Settle this off. If I make it, I get the point."

"Fine. Fine." Lucas crosses his arm and steps back. "Let's go, pretty boy. Show me whatcha got."

Noah grabs the basketball, positing himself in the center. He shoots, and he makes the basket.

Lucas groans loudly. "Fuck man!"

Zoē walks over to them. She grabs the basketball.  "Noah, I need to talk to you."

Lucas grabs his arm. "I'm praying for you man."

Zoē smacks Lucas's hand. She shoves the basketball in Lucas' hands before grabbing Noah's arm. "Let's go."

Noah follows her, looking back at Lucas and jokingly crying.

"Are you dating Benjamin?"

"Uh. No, why?" Noah crosses his arms, shrugging.

"Kiara said that you said you liked him."

"And?" Noah furrows his brows.

"Are you gay?"

"Is this any of your business?" Noah asks, tauntingly.