13

UPDATE GUYS! 💜💜
Vote goal 150! 💜💜

Jungkook's phone rang.
"Hi, Tae." He mumbled.
"Jungkook-ah. Are you going to be there for today's meeting?" Tae asked sadly.
"No. Why?" Jungkook huffed.
"Dad is forcing me to attend it. " Tae said timidly.
"But didn't you have that theatre thing?" Jungkook was now wide awake.
"Yeah but... You know dad gives no fucks about it. So, if you could just be there for an hour." Tae requested.
"Of course. Where's Hoseok hyung though?" Jungkook asked.
"He- he is staying back." Tae lied. Jungkook knew he's lying but he already sounded so dejected that he didn't want to trouble him more. He hummed and they both disconnected the call.

"Eomma please!" He heard his father yell. He got out of bed and went downstairs.
"I'm sorry. I'll be more careful." He saw his grandmother trying to pick up something.
"What's going on?" Jungkook entered the room. His temper up in flames.
"It's okay.." his grandmother put her hand on his chest.
"I bumped into the table and the glass fell when he was talking to someone on the phone. I wasn't caref-"
"We all know who he was talking to on the phone." Jungkook sneered at his father.
"Shut up!" He heard his mother yell.
"What!? I'm saying what's true!" Jungkook yelled back.
" How dare you!" His father stepped forward and Jungkook took a step towards him.
"Jungkook-ah. Stop it. Let's go. " He felt his grandmother weakly tug on his arm.

He looked down at her frail hand trying to pull him away. He breathed out and stepped back.
"Just go get ready. " His grandmother said to his father and dragged him away to her room. Her room was so clean and neat. Small picture frames held snaps of Jungkook's childhood. He and his grandparents. He barely any pictures of him with his parents since they were always arguing.

Jungkook's past

"I am not engaging in this conversation anymore!" His father yelled at his mother and slammed the door shut.

Jungkook stood there in the living room, as his mother sobbed on the floor.
"Mom.."
"Go away!" She yelled at him and startled him. He ran away crying and he heard his mom close the door to another room.

His grandparents were out for some work and had said they'd be  back by 10. Jungkook felt so lost without them. It had only been a few months since they had moved in but he knew they were all he had.

He had the best toys, the biggest house and the most expensive clothes. But he didn't understand those, all he wanted was his parents to love him . He lay down on his bed and cried himself to sleep remembering how he once saw a not so rich child playing baseball with his dad while his mom cheered. Jungkook sat alone in his chauffeur driven Mercedes-Benz. It meant nothing.

"Kookie..." He was woken up lightly. It was late and he was confused. 
"Granpa!" He hugged him.
"Happy birthday!" His grandfather hugged him. Jungkook cupped his face and beamed at him. His golden rimmed spectacles shining as the light from the lamp illuminated the room.

"Cake!" Jungkook beamed as he saw his grandmother walk to him with a small chocolate cake.
"Happy birthday, kookie!" She kept it next to him and hugged him tightly and kissed his cheeks.
"Make a wish" she lit the candle in the shape of a 6.

Jungkook closed his eyes and beamed. He was so thrilled that at least someone remembered his birthday this year.
___________________________________

"Kookie.." his Grandma smiled and made him sit on the bed.
"Don't even try to defend him" Jungkook looked down.
"Kookie. Your father has changed. " She cupped his face.
"But now it's too late." Jungkook looked away.