43

Update. 😔
Sensitive content ahead, mention of panic attacks. PLEASE DO NOT READ IF THIS STUFF BOTHERS YOU. 😔

Taehyung and Jungkook drove around the city for a while. They both said nothing, Taehyung rolled down the window as he looked out as Jungkook drove over a bridge. Taehyung's heart hurt so much as the words "I cheated on you." echoed in his mind.

He closed his eyes and a tear escaped his eye as the cool air touched his face. It was so soothing as the wind combed through his hair, the same kind of relaxing effect that Hoseok's touch had, gentle and comforting. He kept looking out and wondering why this had to happen.

He kept thinking of how much Hoseok loved dancing, the way he smiled into their kisses and how his beautiful smile would make everything so much better. Taehyung could never think of anybody else when it came to spending his entire life with someone but he was having a hard time even accepting that the man he loved so much had cheated on him.

Jungkook stopped by at a store where they went to as children.
"Hyung.." Jungkook said softly and Taehyung snapped out of the memories. He sighed and got down from the car.

The store was small, and had barely changed in all these years.
"Nothing has changed." Jungkook smiled looking around.
"I know.." Taehyung said softly, but his eyes were swollen and his smile was forced.
"Mr. Lee!" Taehyung beamed at the old owner of the store who looked at them and narrowed his eyes as he tried to see more clearly. He took his glasses off with shaky hands and looked again.
"It's - -"
"Taehyung-ah?" the old man smiled and the boys went up to him.

"Jungkook? I haven't seen you both in years!" he smiled and tried to get up. Jungkook and Taehyung helped him stand and he sighed.
"Thank you. I--I can barely get up now. Let alone get you both your favourite ice cream from the fridge." he said with a nostalgic smile. The boys who were once tiny toddlers, now towered over him so easily.

"We'll get them!" Jungkook gave him a bunny smile and ran up to the freezer.
"Are you okay?" Mr. Lee asked Taehyung suddenly.
"Y-yes. We just.."
"I know one of you is sad. I remember you telling Jungkook how ice made everything better." Mr. Lee gave him an affectionate smile as he saw how swollen Taehyung's eyes were.

"Life.. Life is just hard right now..I'm lost.. " Taehyung tried to talk but again he teared up.
"So, find your answers. You have so many people supporting you, you're not alone." he said ruffling his hair lightly and Taehyung nodded and wiped his tears.

Jungkook and Taehyung talked to Mr. Lee about his family for sometime as they ate ramen, he laughed about how he missed them whenever he saw young boys run into the store. The boys promised to visit him more often. They picked up their ice creams and walked out.

They sat on the bench right next to the store, they looked out at the cars that passed by, very few since it was late at night. They could barely eat or even talk. Taehyung kept looking up at the sky, Jungkook knew he just looking for answers and comfort. Something that Jungkook couldn't do. He couldn't believe this had happened.

The two ate their ice creams silently.
"Jungkook.." Taehyung said softly and he sat there with his eyes closed.
"Hmm?"
"Would.. Would you have forgiven Jimin... If he cheated on you?" Taehyung asked him and looked right into his eyes. Jungkook couldn't say anything, he knew that being cheated on would be the worst thing ever and to think that with Jimin already shattered him. Jungkook opened his mouth but couldn't say anything.

Taehyung bit his lip and then smiled sadly.
"I know.." he laughed sadly.
"I.. It's so scary how.. How you'd never know if you're enough. You could do anything for them and one little misunderstanding and they could just... Replace you. Just like that." Taehyung said bitterly as his eyes filled with fresh tears.
"Hyung.. He didn't.. He just... I.." Jungkook felt helpless.