26

Update! 💜
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY WISHES! 💜💜💜

Jungkook woke up very groggy. He had broken sleep all night, his head was aching and eyes were swollen now. He managed to get up somehow and shower.

When he headed downstairs he saw his father talking on the phone while his grandma ate breakfast with his mom.
"Jungkook. Get ready, we have a meeting at 1. Eomma, please convince your grandson. I'll be waiting in the car at 11." his father said and walked away. Jungkook wanted to argue but then his grandmother held his hand.
"It'll be good for you. And don't fight, for my sake. Okay? Now go.." She whispered and stroked his cheek. Jungkook gulped and then nodded. She was right, he needed to go and get his mind off of Jimin.

Jungkook went upstairs and changed into a navy blue shirt, grey trousers, and parted his hair to the side. He folded his shirt up to his elbow and left the top button open. He walked, hugged his grandmother and walked out to his car that was parked on the front.

"Off with dad. Fuck this shit." Jungkook texted Taehyung.
"Drinks at 10!"
"Ughhh! Thanks!" He replied and sat in the car.

His father sat in a neat suit, and his hair parted as well. He smiled seeing Jungkook sit in the car and Jungkook gave him a polite smile too. And the chauffeur started the car.

"Your red hair looks good. " His father caught his attention as he looked out the window.
"Oh, um. Thank you. " Jungkook chuckled.
"I had red hair once, when I was about 21. Dad was so shocked when I walked in, he called me 'wine hair' for years. Eomma was always very supportive though. " His father laughed and Jungkook's eyes lit up hearing about his grandparents. 

"Sounds like an adventure, I'd love to hear more someday. " Jungkook laughed, and his father beamed. They both smiled at each other and then again there fell an awkward silence. They had so much to say but since they rarely spoke that silence filled the space instead.

Jungkook's father's phone lit up when he received an email and Jungkook saw his wallpaper was a picture of him and his father. Jungkook had once painted his father's face and they both beamed at the camera as his mother laughed. Jungkook gulped and looked out, he didn't know how to talk to his parents anymore.

As they walked into the building, all the employees bowed to them. His father was very respected, Jungkook saw how hard the man must have worked all his life to have achieved so much. He had this name because of his father but the loss of his childhood stung so much.

The day was boring and filled with board meetings, also with his mind wandering off and him being physically exhausted, Jungkook was almost feeling nauseous by 6, when they returned home. He was bored since, he had an inclination for music but his father's business was far from all that. But the day hardly made him forget about Jimin,even when he was busy learning more about his very own company.

He entered his house by 6:15 and sighed as he fell on the couch. He looked at the time, and his heart sank. Jihyung was all he could think off, how he must have been waiting at the door. He closed his eyes as his tears threatened, he finally cupped his head in his hands and looked down. His heart hurt as if he was being pulled away from his own family.

"Kook.." he felt someone stroke back his hair.
"Grandma.." he sighed.
"Tired?" She pinched his nose.
"Yeah... Just..." He glanced at the wall clock again.
"Oh. Don't you have to go tutor Jih?" She asked.
"I had to but... I can't. I just cannot. " Jungkook shook his head and mumbled in a very pained tone.
"But, honey. This isn't his fault, at least let him know. He's a baby, and he loves you. You know that. " She smiled and ruffled his hair. Jungkook breathed out and looked up at her.
"But Jimin.."
"But Jihyung..." She countered. That was enough for him to get up, he nodded and hugged her.
"You're the best!" He smiled at her and ran to his room.