51

Update 🦉 🦉 🦉 🦉 🦉

Jungkook walked into the room, his hands became cold and his heart began pounding at his ribcage. He saw his grandmother lying down on the bed, she looked pale and frail. How could he have not realised that she was this ill? Jungkook halted.

She heard his tiny footsteps. The same way he'd walk in timidly when he was a baby and he needed a hug. The same way when he was sad and needed his grandparents to make it better. When he was home.

"Kookie.. Where were you? I waited all day.." she smiled and stuck her arm out. Jungkook stood still, tears in his eyes.
"Come here, baby.." she smiled and a tear escaped her eye and Jungkook walked up to her silently. He kept looking down, avoiding eye contact, avoiding reality.

Jungkook sat next to her and held her hands but he kept looking down at her hand. He didn't have it in him to see her ill. She was always so positive, energetic and beautiful, he couldn't bear to see her ailing.

"Won't you talk to grandma?" she pinched his nose.
"I.. I spoke to a doctor. We'll.. Start new medication, it'll work. It will. I know it will." Jungkook said timidly and played with her fingers. She smiled sadly.
"Maybe.. But you know grandma doesn't have a lot of time.." She said softly and Jungkook held her hand tightly.

"My tiny kookie.." she smiled and pinched his cheek. Jungkook looked away.
"Don't do this... Please.." Jungkook said with a shaky voice.
"I have to.." she said.
"But you don't! You're here! You'll be here! We're taking you home soon and then a change of doctors. It'll work!" Jungkook looked at her, he was tearing up, his voice was strained from choking back tears. She stroked his cheek and Jungkook closed his eyes.
" I know, honey.. " she said then sighed. She closed her eyes, she knew there wasn't a lot of hope.

" Jungkook.. You know the day you were born.. Your father was too nervous to hold you, so.. " she chuckled and Jungkook looked at her and she opened her eyes to look at him.
"I helped him... You were so tiny and so beautiful, he was so scared.. Your grandfather said.." look at this sweet little cookie.. "" she laughed and Jungkook nodded.
"And we had our little kookie.." she smiled affectionately.
"Jungsoo and Jina could barely stop crying. That was the only time I've seen your father cry like that... He was so overwhelmed and who wouldn't be.. We knew we had the perfect baby.." she said softly and Jungkook looked away.

"The first this he whispered to you was.. That he was going to protect you with all he has, he'd give you everything you deserved.. That he'd love you till his last breath.." she explained, Jungkook gulped.
"But none of that happened. He didn't care." Jungkook said bitterly.
"Kookie.. Of course he did. He.. He tried in his own way. He.. I admit he should have been there, but he was trying. I know it.." she said and shook her head and Jungkook looked at her.

"I never wanted anything... All I wanted was a relationship like his with grandpa. They were so close. I remember them laughing, drinking beer together, teasing each other.. They spent so much time together. And us.. I barely remember seeing him." Jungkook said.
" And for that he's sorry.. I am sorry. "she said Jungkook held her hand.
" Why are you sorry? You did everything for me! You... You raised me.. " Jungkook said quickly and kissed her hand and she shook her head.

" I tried to tell Jungsoo. But he's stubborn, he thought you both had plenty of time to spend together. When you grew up. He didn't realise by the time there would be time, it'd be too late. You'd have grown up too much. You.. You grew up to resent him and your father didn't know why.. He got so rattled that he just backed off. He is like you, he hides when he is hurting. He cannot admit that he's breaking apart. " She tried desperately.

Jungkook looked up and gulped.
" Grandma.. You're... You're our strength. If you leave everything will end. I'd never be able to face him. You're the reason we live together. " Jungkook said honestly.
" But I can't be around forever. And Jungkook... Please. Think about it. He needs you. Your mother needs you. They're growing old. Do you want them to be alone when they're old.. When they don't have too much time left? I have you by my side, your grandfather had all us by his side. How sad would it be if our own son disowned us because we failed to realise the importance of time. "she cried and Jungkook wiped her tears.

" Don't cry, grandma.. " he tried.
" No! I have never forced you to consider. But now I am. As the woman who you claim you love the most in the world... I am begging-"
" No.. "
" Jungkook. I am begging you to reconsider. I cannot leave you like this. And I cannot leave Jungsoo like this.. He is hurt too." she said.
" How can you be so sure? He never said anything. After a point he acted like he didn't feel anything. How can you say he's hurt?" Jungkook asked confused.

"Because.." she sighed and a tear escaped her eye.
"Because he is my baby." she looked at Jungkook and he let out a huge sigh.
"I know him well.. I raised him. And you're my baby too. I raised you too. I know you're both hurting and you're both simply stubborn." she hit his hand lightly.

"All he needs to do is ask for a chance and all you need to do is give him one. I wouldn't say this if didn't see a reason. I see love, I see pain. And a chance is all that is needed, kookie.." she said and held his hand and Jungkook once again held back his tears. He was experiencing that pain where he couldn't cry, it was just too much.

" But how.. Help me, grandma." Jungkook asked softly and she kissed his hand.
" He's your father. Just hug him. He loves you, trust me. Please." she smiled. Jungkook shook his head.

"But you can't leave us like this. I... You need to see me getting married. You need to spoil Jih. You need to scold your son and daughter in law when they don't know how to fix your phone problems either. You need to tell the hyungs the power of love. We all need you." Jungkook begged.
" I will do all that till I'm around. Once I'm gone, you all need to do that for each other. It's the way life works, honey. You know that. You're my perfect baby." her tears fell and Jungkook hugged her.

" I love you, beautiful.. You know that, right? You're awesome. " Jungkook said fighting his tears and she smiled and nodded.
" And you're my life, honey. You made me.. What's that word? Awesome.. " she kissed his head.

Jungkook kept hugging her for a while then told her to rest a bit, it was 10:30 pm. She was going to go home tomorrow after meeting a new doctor. She smiled and gave him a fist bump, Jungkook kissed her forehead and got up.

Jungkook knew he needed to cry but now that would only happen if he had a trigger to make all his wounds hurt. He looked around restlessly and walked further, thinking of everything his grandma had said about him and his family.

He walked out and saw Jih sleeping in his mother's arms while she stroked his face. Jimin was talking to Taehyung and Hoseok had fallen asleep on his shoulder. His father was nowhere to be seen.

Jungkook looked around and saw his father a bit far away looking out of a window silently. Jungkook walked towards him mindlessly and stood behind him. Jimin and Taehyung looked silently and his mother was shocked too.

Jungkook observed his father's side profile, he looked so old suddenly. He had wrinkles near his eye, his expression was dull.Jungkook gulped and tugged at his father's sleeve like he would when he needed to be picked when he was sleepy as a child. His father turned around, surprised. Jungkook looked into his eyes, the same pain being reflected back at him.

"Appa.." Jungkook said looking down and his father's heart began pounding. He gulped and spoke up.
"Yes, Jungkook?" He asked nervously.
"I don't want grandma to die.." Jungkook said and looked up at him with tearful eyes. His father nodded, his own tears threatening.

Jungkook burst into tears and hugged his father and sobbed in his arms.
"I need my Appa to help me.." Jungkook sobbed holding him and his father cried hugging him back and stroked his head and back.

"Appa is here.I love you, kookie.." he said and Jungkook hugged him harder and sobbed.
"I love you too, appa.." Jungkook cried.

Author's note

Hi, emo hours.

:) my exams weren't too great but ok🗿🗿🗿🗿. Now I should update faster. 💀🗿

Also I have new book idea, I'll be publishing it soon. :3💀

For everyone asking how many chapters are left. I don't know the answer but I can tell you that not too many. 💜

Vote goal 800! ♥️