Aris (30)

It's been a while now since the crank clawed your leg

It's been a while now since the crank clawed your leg. You had finally reached the refugee camp, and by now, everything hurt. You could barely breath, barely able to stand. But you had to act like you were fine, so the refugees wouldn't be suspicious. You were standing in the back of the group with Aris, who was holding your arm to keep you upright. He had you concealed behind Frypan, so they wouldn't see you, and how you were obviously bit.

But a few of them started talking. A lady came over and started talking to Thomas. It got aris's attention, and without realizing it, his grip on you loosened a bit.

You felt your eyes roll back in your head a bit as your body had enough, and you fell forward onto the sand.
"Y/N? Y/N?" Aris said, crouching next to you and scanning you face with concern.

"What's wrong with her?" Another refugee asked.
You couldn't tell much of what happened after that. There was yelling, lots of it. The only thing you could focus on was Aris, looking down at you as the noise slowly faded and you fell unconscious.

The next thing you knew you woke up on a bed in a hut, and you turned your head to see where you were. The only thing that was familiar was the small shape of Aris slumped over in a chair nearby, asleep. You decided not to wake him up, but at least you were still alive. Aris kept sleeping for a while, but you couldn't hide the smile that crept onto your face when you realized he cared for you.