Newt (103)

Another request from blushingloser

Another request from blushingloser . Hope you like it!

"One, two, three, go!" Thomas yelled. Him and Minho chucked the container through the window, shattering it and sending glass shards raining down.

"I don't know about this, guys." You shook your head, grabbing Newt's arm.

"Y/N, we gotta go. They're gonna get through that door any second." Thomas pointed towards the sound of the WICKED workers working on breaking down the door, as Minho kicked out more of the glass from the window so it was big enough to jump through.

"Shuck. I......I don't know...." you mumbled, tugging on your hair. You hated heights. Always had, always would. Newt hated them too, but he grabbed your hand anyways.

"Were gonna jump with you, Alright? There's water at the bottom to break your fall. You'll be fine." Newt said as calmly as he could.

"Guys we gotta go. Now." Minho called as the WICKED guards cut through the lock on the door.

"NOW!" Thomas yelled. You all sprinted towards the window, and the three of them jumped right out, arms flailing the entire way.

You didn't mean to, but you hesitated slightly. It was barely even a second that you stood there at the edge. You took a step back and got ready to jump again, when the door swung open.

"SH*T" you shouted, running over the ledge.

But a hand grabbed the back of your guard uniform, hauling you back into the room.

Below you, the boys hit the water with a splash, surfacing a second later as the gasped for air. They made their way to the edge of the fountain and climbed out.

Thomas had to help Newt up, and the three of them stood there for a moment, shivering in the cold water, until Newt said what they were all thinking.
"Where's Y/N?"

They looked up, only to see Janson gripping onto your uniform collar, sneering down at them.

"They got....they got Y/N." Newt said quietly. Janson just grinned, waved down from his spot up high and tugged you back away from the shattered window and out of sight.

"What do we do?" Minho said while wringing out his shirt.

"We go back in." Newt looked back up at the compound, and Minho raised an eyebrow, but Thomas just shook his head.

"Newt, we cant go back in there. They know we're here now, we wouldn't even make it a foot inside the doors."

"Then you guys go." He sighed, wiping his hair out of his forehead.
"We got Minho out. That's what we came here for. I'm only going to slow you both down, so at least this way you both have a chance to get out."

"Not happening." Minho shook his head.

"Shank, I'm not asking." Newt cleared his throat. "I didn't think I would still be here at this point. I doubt I'll be sane much longer. Might as well try to get Y/N out. At the least, I'm a walking time bomb heading in there, and I'm away from you guys."

Minho and Thomas were silent, turning their attention from Newt, to each other, then back to Newt.
"Well you're not going in alone."

I kinda got carried away with this one. Maybe I'll make a part two of this, it's an interesting twist. Thanks for the request, and hope you enjoyed!