Newt Day Special (71)

Happy Newt day you guys! So in this imagine, I'd like you to imagine that Teresa never ratted them out

Happy Newt day you guys! So in this imagine, I'd like you to imagine that Teresa never ratted them out. Because since they'd all still be alive at the camp, and Vince's wife got a cure for Brenda, she could get one for newt. So that's the basis of this imagine, really. This is a long one, but yeah. You should all just consider that. If Teresa hadn't brought in WICKED, odds are newt would still be there
*cough* screw you teresa *cough*

"Hey." Newt said happily, wrapping his arms around you from behind and resting his chin on your shoulder.
"What are you up to?"

You smiled over at him, shaking your head slightly.
"Laundry. This camp doesn't exactly have washing machines."

Newt laughed quietly, kissing your cheek.
"Fair enough. Think you have a bit of time?"

"For what?" You asked, folding a shirt and setting it on the pile.

"Just for us to be together, I guess? Ever since we got here the other shanks don't let us have any time alone." He buried his face in your neck so that his hair tickled your cheek.

"Alright, Newton, what do you want." You sighed, laughing just slightly.

"Okay, if I'm being honest, a nap. Maybe someone to cuddle with?" He said sweetly.

"That's it?"

"Yup." Newt kissed your cheek again, standing back up and walking around you to be standing in front of you. He still had a small cut on his cheek from the scorch, and his jacket on since it was starting to grow dark outside and the temperature had dropped. In the background were small lights that the refugees had scattered around the camp, either solar powered, or candles. A few were small bonfires with people huddled around for warmth.

"Alright, so, um." He smiled and tilted his head to the side slightly.
"I love you. I hope you know that by now. And the other day I was thinking that anything could happen out here in the scorch. I just want to spend as much time with you as I can." Newt said, slightly shy as he smiled.

"Awe." You beamed, cupping his face with your hands. "Nothing's gonna happen, baby. We're safe here, okay?"

"I know." He nodded, putting his hands over yours.
"I was just overthinking, is all."

You shook your head again, standing on your tiptoes to kiss him, pulling him closer by the jacket collar.

Newt smiled, closing his eyes and kissing you happily.

When you both pulled away, he grinned widely.
"So......cuddles?"

"Fine." You laughed, your heart swelling at his excitement. You took his hand and headed off towards your tent, while Newt swing both of your arms as you walked.

He didn't tell you why he was so clingy all of a sudden.

That a few days ago he had noticed marks on his arm. That he hadn't felt right. He talked to Mary, Vince's wife, and she told him that he was infected.

But she also got him the cure that very same day. All she needed was Thomas.

And an hour later, he walked out feeling as good as new, the veins on his arm already fading slowly as his body fought off the virus.

But for a while, he was worried. Not for himself, but because he was worried about leaving you. It scared him, more than the flare himself.

As he walked out of the medical tent and back towards you, he made himself a promise to stay by your side for the rest of his life.

Back in your tent, he pulled you close and wrapped an arm around you. Nuzzling the back of your neck, he moved as close as he possibly could and let out a content sigh. He knew you were safe, and all he wanted to do was wrap you in a blanket and lay with you forever.

So for now, he did. Closing his eyes and keeping his face buried in your neck, listening to your heartbeat and the sound of your breathing. He tried to memorize you as much as he could because he never wanted to forget, even when he was old and his memories would fade.

Yeah, it wasn't the safe haven. The little makeshift camp had its flaws. Maybe they would make it to paradise someday.

But he wasn't in a rush. He had you, and for right now, Newt was perfectly happy right where he was.

SOOOO THAT WAS MOSTLY FLUFF. ANYWAYS, HAPPPPYYYY NEWT DAY EVERYBODDYYY!!! I DID SO MUCH TMR STUFF. HERE ARE SOME PICTURES.

 HERE ARE SOME PICTURES

Btw, if you like the second drawing and other stuff like that, check out my art book

Btw, if you like the second drawing and other stuff like that, check out my art book. It starts out kinda meh but I'm getting better