Newt (141)

They walk so differently

They walk so differently. Is it weird that I noticed that?

You were sitting in your hammock, zoning out and trying to fall asleep when a bit of motion caught the corner of your eye. Newt and Alby walked through the sleeping quarters, Newt holding a jar with a candle inside for a bit of light. They seemed to be making rounds, checking on everyone.

"Hey." Frypan tapped your arm. "You hear me?"

"Oh, uh....sorry." You apologzied, snapping yourself back to reality.
"What'd you say?"

"I asked if you were using that extra blanket." Frypan said from his hammock next to yours. You handed him a spare that Alby had left with you, and he smiled.

"Thanks greenie." He followed your glance, which had shifted back to the two boys walking around.

"What are you staring at?" Fry asked, looking over. He raised an eyebrow, connecting the ideas in his head.
"Which one?"

"Huh?" You asked innocently.

"Which one do you like?" He asked, leaning over a bit.

"Neither. Shut up." You lied.

"Ooooh you got it bad." Fry teased, grinning.

"Do not. Goodnight Fry." You slid down in the hammock, pulling a blanket over your head.

"I'm betting on Newt." Frypan chuckled, laying back down.

You huffed, but smiled slightly, glad that he couldn't see your face.