Newt (148)

I'm back! So

I'm back! So.....sorry if this one is a bit sad. I found this gif and had to use it because this popped into my head. Sorry

He used to be a runner.

All the gladers knew it. They knew what happened, and it doesn't need to be said. Everyone already knows the story, but some of the newer freebies don't know what he was like before. Obviously he doesn't do it anymore, but he used to be a runner.

And he was a good one, too.

Something about how easy he made it look. The others were the same way, and still are, but he made it look easy. And he seemed to like doing it, in the beginning.

Some days you'd wake up early just to watch him and Minho jog out of the glade into the maze. Both of them would be eager to run and dressed for the day, and they'd say goodbye as they ran past.

You would secretly imagine yourself running alongside him, but it never happened. You weren't fit to be a runner, so you stayed in the glade to work, instead.

But it didn't stop you from watching him run in the morning. He always looked prepared and determined to be running the maze. He wanted to find a way out. When you asked him about what he did that day, he was usually enthusiastic in his answer.

And yes, eventually that changed, and he didn't like running anymore.

But in the beginning he did, and it was beautiful.

And that's how you'll remember him.