Gally (part 2)(117)

"No sting

"No sting. Not that I can see at least." Jeff mumbled quietly, checking you over as Gally watched nearby.
"Although I'm pretty sure we'd know by now if Y/N was actually stung."

"I'm not stung." You grumbled, rolling into your side. "Just tired. I don't know how Thomas and Minho can do that all day. Seriously, everything hurts."

"Oh. You're awake." Jeff said while standing back up.

"I am now that you've been poking me." You groaned.  Gally just kept watching quietly, arms folded.

"Care to explain what happened out there?" He asked.

You grunted, pushing yourself up onto your arms.
"You know those beetleblades? Well one of those little pieces of klunk stole something of mine and ran into the maze. I had to get it back."

"You went in the maze to chase a beetle blade?" Gally sighed, rubbing his forehead.
"Good god." Jeff took the moment to excuse himself, shaking his head at the situation.

"Im sorry, okay? I walked in there for 30 seconds to try and find the stupid thing, and I just...." you trailed off.
"Got lost."

"I'm gonna come back to the part where you just decide to....walk right into the maze." Gally sighed. "What do you mean you just 'got lost'. Weren't you right at the entrance to the maze?"

"Uhhhh....."

"You're ridiculous, you know that?" Gally frowned.
"You could've gotten yourself killed. You broke a rule, you know that, right?"

"I needed to get it back though-"

"Get what, Y/N? What was so important that you would follow a beetle blade into the maze?" Gally asked, leaning against the wall behind him.

"I...." you sighed, letting out a frustrated groan as you pulled the small locket out of your pocket.
"This....okay?"

"A necklace?" Gally raised an eyebrow, seemingly very confused.

"You don't get it." You frowned, your shoulders slumping slightly as you opened the locket. Inside were two small, faded pictures of adults.

"What's that?" Gally asked, sitting next to you to get a closer look.

"I think it's my parents." You shrugged. "I can't remember, you know. I was wearing it when I came up in the box."

Gally was silent for a second, then pointed at the locket.
"And whats that?"

You gave a small smile, smoothing the petal of a small, dried flower that you had stuck between the halves of the locket.
"You don't recognize it?"

Gally glanced at the flower, then nodded slowly.
"Is that...?"

"The one you gave me at my first bonfire." You smiled.

"So that's why you ran into the maze?" Gally shook his head, running his fingers through his short blond hair.

"Yeah." You nodded.

Gally thought quietly for a second, then nodded, closing the locket and tucking it into your pocket.

"Just don't do it again...please."