Thomas (115)

Imagine slightly younger Thomas

Imagine slightly younger Thomas. Pre-maze Tommyboy

"Stay right here. I'll be back in a few minutes with your results." One of the WICKED doctors said before walking out of the room. You sighed. Today sucked. It was when they would check again to make sure you were still immune, as if that would change. It happened about once a year, but you were always terrified of the results coming back as non-immune.

"Psst." You heard a voice to your left, met with a door that connected to a room that mirrored yours. You glanced around to make sure nobody was in the room, then made your way over to the door. A boy peered back.

"You too, huh?"

"Yeah." You answered, watching the other boy through the surprisingly thin glass. The top part of the window was more of a grate, allowing you to hear him.

"Have you gotten your results?" He asked. It took you a second to respond, not used to talking with someone your age.

"No." You shook your head, frowning. "I hate this part. The waiting."

"I hate all of it." He laughed quietly, earning a smile from you.

"I'm Thomas, what's your name?" He asked with a grin.

"I'm-"

"Y/N, I'm glad to say that you're still testing positive for immunity." The doctor reported without looking up from his clipboard. You hushed Thomas, turning away from the door and toward the doctor in an attempt to act discreet. Meanwhile, Thomas ducked down beneath the window to avoid being seen by your doctor. They didn't like 'subjects' conversing together, for some reason.

"That's a relief." You nodded, pretending that you had gotten up to blow your nose instead of talk to Thomas, and the doctor didn't seem suspicious.

"Good. Let's check your blood pressure, shall we?" He asked. You nodded, sitting on the chair he gestured to, facing the door.

Slowly, Thomas peeked up through the window, checking to make sure the doctor wasn't watching before mouthing.
"Still immune?"

You nodded, smiling as the doctor looked away. Thomas grinned, flashing a thumbs up.

You flashed a thumbs up at your side, while the man was busy checking your blood pressure. Then Thomas's doctor walked in the room and he scurried away from the door.

But you were still happy to have met him, and you hoped to meet him again.