Thomas (159)

Hey guys! For anyone that didn't get the post on my message board, I was on a mission trip for two weeks

Hey guys! For anyone that didn't get the post on my message board, I was on a mission trip for two weeks. Sorry I couldn't update! I promise I'll try and get better at doing this, but I'll be honest writers block has been tough lately

"How much further?" Frypan complained as you all continued to walk through the scorched city.
"Its so hot that I swear my feet are going to melt onto the damn sidewalk."

"We'll take a break in a bit." Thomas shook his head and glanced over his shoulder.
"Just hold on a bit longer."

Everyone seemed to sigh, but you didn't have the energy to do the same. Your water had run out ages ago, and each step you took you felt closer to fainting. Thomas knew you had run out of water and offered to give you his, but you refused. He was the leader, so he needed it more.

"Y/N?" Newt asked quietly as he walked next to you. You could hear the concern in his voice and knew that he could see how weak you had gotten. You ignored him and tried t keep walking.

But then you collapsed a second later.

"Tommy!" Newt called, bending down next to you. Thomas turned around quickly, saw you on the ground, and pushed through the others.
"What happened?"

"Probably dehydration." Newt suggested, and Thomas sighed.
"Makes sense. Tell the others that we're taking a break. Maybe we can find some water while we're stopped."

Newt nodded, standing back up slowly and walking over towards the rest of the group. There was a muffled conversation as Newt talked with them, but Thomas didn't really listen as he picked you up and carried over to a demolished building. He set you down in the shade so you could cool off, wiping some sweat from his forehead as he pulled out his water bottle.

He shook your shoulder to try and wake you up, letting out a relieved sigh when you groaned and squinted against the light.
"Hey." He said quietly. "Drink this."

You blinked a few times to clear your vision, hesitantly taking the bottle and drinking a little bit. It helped.

"Don't ever do that again, okay? Just tell me if you need anything." Thomas said firmly. He took the water bottle back and put the lid on, but he would make sure you drank more later.

"Mhm." You mumbled and closed your eyes again, already starting to fall back asleep. He shook his head before standing up and tucking his water bottle away. He bent down and kissed your forehead before walking back over to the others.
"Alright. We're gonna spend the night here. I'm gonna go look inside the nearby buildings and try to find some more water. Someone keep an eye on Y/N for me, okay?"