Newt(sad)(127)

Sorry guys

Sorry guys. It's been a while since I've written a sad one

"Hey tommy, you have any extra water?" Newt asked, walking slightly away from the group to ask Thomas who was standing off away from the others.
"Yeah." Thomas nodded, reaching for his canteen to hand to Newt when-

Boom!

"Hey, what the hell was that?" Both boys jumped, turning back towards the rock where the rest of the gladers were taking shelter. Stumbling on the sand, they sprinted over.

"Just relax! Are you crazy?" Minho asked, pulling a gun from your hand.

"What the bloody hell is going on?" Newt yelled, walking over next to Minho, just as you keeled over, coughing and choking up blood before falling onto the sand again. You were the one that got scratched in the shopping mall, not Winston.

"Y/N tried...." Minho trailed off, but he didn't need to finish. Newt understood. He looked away, lowering his head slightly as his heart broke. There was a moment of silence from the others as they processed what was happening.

"Please...." you gasped, chest heaving for air. "I'm not....I'm not gonna make it. You know that."

"Don't talk like that...please." Newt said quietly, walking over to sit next to you.
"We're going to get you to the people in the mountains. Maybe they have something to help." He offered, his voice cracking as he glanced down to the bleeding bandages around your midsection.

"Newt you know that won't work." You shook your head.
"You guys need to go. Please."

Newt bit the inside of his cheek, sniffling as his eyes watered.

"Newt, please...just go without me." You asked again, grabbing his hand with a raspy voice.

Newt stifled a sob, nodding slightly. He turned to Minho, who shook his head.
"Newt, no." Minho refused, but Newt sniffed, reaching up and taking the gun from Minho's hand.

"Nobody should have to become one of those....things." Newt said quietly, his hand shaking as he set the gun next to you on the sand.
"I'll catch up. You guys go ahead."

"Newt-" you and Thomas interjected at the same time.
"I don't want you to see that." You shook your head, squeezing his hand.
"Just...go with them."

Newts shoulders shook slightly, and he reached over, gently kissing your forehead.
"I love you." He said shakily, brushing hair out of your face before sitting back up.

"I love you too." You said with a sad smile, studying his face one last time.
"Now get out of here. Go find those mountain people." You teased. Newt almost managed a weak smile, then Minho put a hand on his shoulder.

"We should go."

Newt nodded, giving you one last look before turning and walking out from the rocks with the others.

He barely made it ten feet before having second thoughts, but forced himself to keep walking.

A few minutes passed as everyone walked in complete silence.

Then a single gunshot.

Newt froze, and Minho to his right did too. Newt broke down, sobbing.

Minho pulled him into a hug, and Newt buried his face in Thomas's shoulder. He shook with sobs, and Minho held him until he calmed down enough to keep walking.

Ouch. Feels. I'm sorry guys.