Newt (162)

"So what happens now? We stay here and eat food everyday until we get shipped off to wherever they're sending people?" You asked and poked your mashed potatoes with a fork

Newt sat across from you, eating a sandwich.
"I guess so. Speaking of, looks like they're about to read the list for today."

Janson stood in the front of the room, giving his quick talk before looking down at the list. You almost zoned out for a minute before heading your name. That couldn't be right, could it?
"I think he just called your name." Minho whispered.

"Wait, but he didn't call your names." You protested, looking around at the table.
"I'm not leaving you guys."

"I don't think you have a choice, Love." Newt said quietly and glanced over at the guards.

"What if i never see you guys again? What if we get sent to different places, or you guys never get to leave at all? Or something happens and I....I never see you again?" You started hurriedly, thinking about the worst case scenarios. Newt reached over and took your hand, taking a deep breath.
"We'll find you, okay? There's nothing to worry about. You're probably safer there than you are here."

"You promise?" You asked, squeezing his hand.

"Promise." Newt repeated. He sat forward in his seat and kissed your forehead.
"Now go on before they get angry. We'll see you later, Alright?"

And with that, you got up to follow the guards out of the cafeteria and down a mysterious WICKED hallway.
But you weren't leaving the compound.
You were going somewhere worse.