Newt (part 3)(very long)(105)

So uh, fun fact, there are very very few gifs of newt becoming a crank

So uh, fun fact, there are very very few gifs of newt becoming a crank. I think the fandom has just kinda blocked it all out. Anyways, this kinda starts sad, but gets better. You've been warned.

P.s. this is so long it's almost a mini fanfic

"Set him down. Right here." Thomas grunted, and Minho nodded. They both had one of Newt's arms over their shoulders, helping him to walk. The second he heard that, Newt's legs buckled. Minho and Thomas managed to guide him to a sitting position against the wall.

There was an explosion nearby as people ran, screaming for their lives.

"Newt, just hold on a little bit longer, Alright?" Thomas crouched in front of Newt, who nodded.

"Are we almost there?" Newt coughed, gasping a bit as he struggled to breathe properly.

"They can't be far. Come on, let's get you up." You answered, your heart breaking at how weak he looked. How sick and vulnerable he had become. The bliss had helped, and but it wasn't enough.

You took Newt's left arm, and Thomas took his right.
"On three, Thomas. One, two, three!" You both tried to stand up, and Newt managed to get his legs beneath him. He stood shakily, but he was on his feet.

"Do you think you can walk?" You asked. Newt shook his head slowly, as if he was in a daze.
"I don't know."

There was a second where everybody paused to think, and Thomas frowned.
"Gally, Minho, you guys run ahead and get the others. Get the serum, and get back here as soon as you can. We'll follow you as far as we can."

"On it." Minho nodded, then put a hand on Newt's shoulder.
"Be careful. Dont Die."

Newt almost managed a smile before croaking out "bloody inspired." Minho smiled sadly, and sprinted off towards the berg with Gally close behind.

"Alright. Let's go." Thomas nodded, adjusting Newt's arm so he had a better grip. You nodded and helped Thomas as you both carried, or more accurately dragged, Newt towards the berg.

He was trying his best to walk with you, but he would stumble, and couldn't match the speed you were walking at. You made it to a long stretch of what appeared to be a wide open alleyway, when Newts legs gave out.

"Sh*t." You grunted, wrapping your arm around his torso to try and keep him upright. It worked for a while, just dragging him along, but by now his head had lolled to the side, and he mumbled a quiet, "just leave me."