Thomas (part 2)(160)

It had been a few hours since you had passed out

It had been a few hours since you had passed out. You felt a little better now, but after what happened everyone seemed very aware of the lack of water. Thomas had insisted that you split what was left of his, (maybe giving you a little more than half), but by now there were only a few sips of water remaining in total between the entire group.

Thomas and a few others had gone looking for a while, finding nothing. Then he went back to camp to see how you were doing, but Minho offered to keep looking. He was still out there somewhere, and Thomas could only hope that he would find something.

Thomas sat on a rock, a bit away from the others as he looked out towards the city. He was trying to think up a plan, one that would hopefully include finding more supplies along the way.

He wasn't there for very long when you came over to join him.
"Hey, handsome." You smiled, sitting next to him on the rock.
"It looks like you're stressing yourself out over here. Wanna talk?"

Thomas sighed, rubbing the back of his neck.
"I just don't really know where to go from here, is all."

"You don't have to do it alone." You said gently before leaning your head on his shoulder.
"We'll figure something out. There's gotta be more water around here somewhere, or it'll rain, or.....something."

"I appreciate the optimism." He smiled, letting out a short laugh that was more just a breath.
"Anyways...how're you feeling?"

"Well I have a killer headache, but I've had worse." You shrugged. You also decided to leave out the part where you were still a bit shaky when you tried to walk, and the thought of continuing throughout the city sort of terrified you.

Thomas nodded and kissed the top of your head.
"You should've told me that you needed a drink. We could've avoided all of that back there."

"Yeah, but I was hoping we would find more and it wouldn't be a big deal." You frowned.
"You need it more than I do, anyways."

"What's that mean?" Thomas asked in confusion. You shrugged again, looking away.

"Well I mean, you're basically the leader of the group. You can't go passing out from dehydration. Everyone needs you. I'm just kinda....here." You mumbled, picking at the sand under your fingernails.

"Hey, that's not true." Thomas shook his head while frowning.
"You scared all of us back there."

You sat quietly for a moment, thinking about responding before deciding against it and reaching for his hand instead. You laced your fingers with his, keeping your chin on his shoulder.
"I'm okay now. And I didn't mean to scare you."

Thomas nodded and took a deep breath, giving your hand a slight squeeze.
"I know. You know I love you, right?"

"Yeah, I know." You smiled and kissed his cheek. You then returned to using his shoulder as a pillow when you were interrupted by what you could only describe as a muffled but happy conversation. Minho came around the corner of the small camp, waving a few water bottles above his head.
"Guess what I found!"

"Nice job, Minho." Thomas smiled in relief, looking down at you. There were 4 new water bottles, a bit dusty and old, but it was still water. With a group this small, that meant about half a bottle for each of you, maybe more. It wasn't a lot, but it was enough for now. Minho handed one to you and Thomas, heading over towards Newt and Frypan.

Thomas opened the water bottle, making sure that you got the first sip. About half an hour after that, your group was ready to go, hydrated and rested, heading off to find the camp in the mountains.

But Thomas still made sure to check in on you and see if you needed a drink.