Sixteen

Caleb, Jackson, Kiara, and Zoē were sitting across from Noah and Benjamin.

Benjamin sips his coffee, listening to their excuses.

"And we never meant to hu-".

"Caleb, remember when Katen pulled a knife in me?"

"Y-Yea".

"Kiara, Zoē, remember when he sent people after me?"

"Yes".

"...Yeah".

"Then why? Why? Cause you were tired of being single? Do you know how many guys were drooling over you? That you drooled over".

"Benny. Can we start over, please".

Benjamin looks up at Noah who squeezes his thigh. Benjamin puts his hand over Noah's, looking back over to them.

"Fine. But if it happens again...I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive you guys".

*

Noah drops Benny off at home, before going home.

"Hey, mijo. Come here a second".

Noah turns around, walking back down the stairs to see his dad. "Yes?"

"You know how abuletio set up the account to move his family to the states?"

"Yea".

"They made it. Abuelo is gonna come live here for a while, as well as your cousin, Mateo".

"Uhm. Where are they gonna sleep?"

"The guest room, Mateo will stay with you".

"What?"

"He'll be with you. It's only for a few months".

"Are you kidding me? We just moved from Venezuela where I had to stay with four other children and the second I get a room-".

"Mijo! Stop it".

Noah rolls his eyes, walking upstairs. "Start clearing space!"

Noah slams his door, laying down on his bed. He grabs his phone, texting Lucas. The thing about his grandpa is, he is homophobic.

He hated it and when they moved to the states, he hoped that he would be away from him.

*

Benjamin reaches up, grabbing a bag of chips. He grabs the salsa from the fridge, when he mom walks in. He jumps, dropping the salas and breaking the glass.

"Jesus. You scared me".

"Sorry, babes...what's that?"

"Hm?"

"On your neck".

Benjamin blushes, covering his neck. "Is that a hickey? Ooo!"

"Stop! Stop momma!"

"Has Noah been here? Is he hiding?"

"Stop.."

"I'm glad you're happy".

Benjamin smiles, "Thank you. Now if you don't mind, I need to clean this up".

**

Noah rides to the airport with his dad, sitting with his headphones in. His dad looks over, grabbing the earbud taking it out.

"Mijo. Abuelo is Okay now, I swear".

"Sure".

"Mij-".