Chapter 2: Unusual Conversations

I know it's been a little while but my condolences go out to the Jackson family for the death of their patriarch, Joe Jackson. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I love you all! Stay strong.

October 18, 1969- 7:16 AM
Nicole's POV

I walked down our spiral staircase to hear some music playing in the living room. I immediately recognized the tune. It was my mother's song with the Supremes, Baby Love. Michael was by the stereo moving to the beat, facing with his back to me. I stood on the stairs as he sung along with my mom.

Baby love, my baby love
I need you, oh, how I need ya
But all you do is treat me bad
Take my heart, and leave me sad
Tell me, what did i do wrong
To make you stay away so long

As he broke into chorus, he spun around to add his own twist. For a second, his eyes met mine, then left as his spinning force caused him to do so. I snickered. He turned around, and looked at me. He then looked away, and blushed. I walked down the stairs and into the room.

"Why'd you stop? That was good, Michael." I said, holding in my laughter.

"Shut it." He said, embarrassed.

"I don't want to." I replied, smirking. "Come on, I wanna show you something." I led him out of the room as the song finished playing.

I took him up to my room, and I closed the door. I handed him a card I made.

He took it and opened it.

"Dear Michael,
I know this may be stressful time for you, but I want you to know I'm here for you always. I love your song, and I think you're way beyond talented.

Love,
your number 1 fan,
Nicole Ross
Yes That Nicole Ross"
He finished. He smiled as he blushed.

"Thank you, Nicole." He said, hugging me. I returned the smile. "That Nicole Ross?" He asked, pointing to the line I wrote.

I chuckled, biting my bottom lip.

"I thought it was funny." I answered.

He rolled his eyes. I gave him a funny look. He laughed.

He set the card down on my desk, and thanked me again.

"You're welcome." I assured. He chuckled, showing his perfect white teeth. I got chills. Why is it so cold in here?

I took his hand, and led him downstairs. We watched cartoons and played card games for the rest of the morning, and into the afternoon.

It was around 3:30 when Mom walked through the door. I threw my cards on the table to get up and greet her. The force of my impact sent her back a few steps. I wrapped my arms around her, and rested my head on her chest. She wrapped her arms around me.

"Well, hello to you, too." She said softly.

Michael ran to her, joining our hug.

"I've missed you, too." Mom spoke. "Now, how about we get something to eat, I'm starving." She broke away from our hug, heading into the kitchen. She reached the counter as we tailed her. "Michael, Joe wants you to be ready by 5. He says you need to rehearse."

Michael groaned. Mom patted him on the back. "Well, let's eat. I'm making some salad."

"Salad?" I asked, purposefully putting disappointment in my voice.

"I love salad." Michael happily agreed with Mom.

"Suck-up." I accused him. He stuck his tongue out at me.