Chapter 13: I Believe You

August 21, 1985
Nicole's POV

I sobbed, and slowly died inside. The kids were sound asleep. I was currently succumbing my life out in Janet's lap. She rubbed my head while I lost myself.

"I can't believe he'd do this to me. Why now? I thought he loved me!" I jerked my head towards Janet who looked at me sympathetically.

"Nic, I know your world is falling apart. Do you honestly believe Michael would do this?" She soothingly asked. I shrugged. I don't know about Michael anymore. What can I believe? I saw it with my own eyes! The image plays over and over in my head. I know Janet's stuck in between a rock and a hard place.

"I don't know, Dunk." I sighed.

"You know Brooke was delusional. That bitch has wanted Michael from day one, and she probably was the one who kissed him against his will. Michael loves you, Nicole. I know he wouldn't do this. But then again, I could be wrong." Janet concludes. "What do you feel?

"I still love him. But, I can't trust him until he proves he's innocent. I know Michael better than anyone, Dunk. But, I can't continue with him if I'm going to be hurt again." My heart was being scraping apart by an invisible razor blade. "I've been hurt by men so many times before. First, my father didn't want me. Now... I don't know. I don't want to believe it, but I don't know."

"Listen to him. Hear him out. You know when he's telling the truth." I nodded. Then, Michael came in. His face radiated hurt.

"I'll let you two talk." Janet leaped off the bed. She grabbed Michael's arm. "Don't you hurt her." Then left out. I looked down at my hands. "Nicole.." he began gazing at me. I looked into his longing eyes that displayed so much guilt and hurt. "Baby, believe me when I say I didn't want it. I didn't enjoy and I certainly didn't kiss her. She kissed me, baby. I would never cheat on you. For what? A momentary thing of pleasure that would cost me the best person that I've ever know... you." My eyes brimmed with tears.

"Michael, I know you didn't do it." He perked up. "I'm sorry. But, I can't just act like it didn't happen." Michael's eyes filled with anger and hurt.

"What do you mean? I'm telling you the god forsaken truth!! Why would I lie to you?" He screamed.

"Calm the hell down. The kids are sleeping. I'm saying I can't just continue on without this bitch revolving around our lives." I hissed.

"Baby, please." Michael climbed into the bed next to me. I sighed. "Let me show you why I'd never hurt you." He softly stated, kissing the sweet spot on my neck.

"Michael." I tried to push him away.

"Please, my sweet girl?" He pleaded, his eyes giving me all the pleasure. Of course, I gave into him.

Oh....

---

It was beautiful.

"I believe you." I spoke against his shoulder. He peered down at me. "I know you would never hurt me."

"Never my love. Never."
-

Do y'all really believe I'd let this slide without some drama? Stay tuned 😜