Chapter 35: Dreamgirl

March 10, 1977
Michael's POV

I sighed as I was getting done packing. Joseph had been firmly against me going across the country without his supervision. I'm eighteen, damn it. And I'm going to get my dream girl. It's been a while since I've discovered those, and I've tried to repress it in fear of losing her.

However after she moved, I almost lost it. Being away from someone you love takes everything from you. Nicole was going to be mine whether anyone else wanted that or not. Okay, that seems a little strange coming from me, but when you know ya know. I zipped my duffel bag, and flung it over my shoulder.

I turned around to see Mother standing in the doorway with a loving appearance. She gave me a slight nod as she knew exactly where I was going, and who I was going for. Of course, Bill will be escorting me there. No matter what it took, Nicole is gonna be my girl.

"I'm glad you finally came to your senses, baby." Mother leaned against the door frame. "Nicole is the one for you. I've seen it over the years, and I can't think of a better woman for you."

"Well, we have to make her mind up, Mother. Nicole makes her own mind up about things, and I can't contradict her actions. I'm pretty nervous she'll shut me out." I confessed.

"Baby, she's a good girl. You remember everything you've been through together, and your friendship is invincible." Mother walked toward me. She put her hands on my shoulders, and looked up at my face. "Michael, I've seen you every time you saw her. That sparkle in your eye, that's what I felt when I met Joseph. And he's done some terrible things to me, Michael. But I really love him, and no matter what, I always will."

"You've always been a person I admire, Mother. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you." I smiled.

"Don't be me, Michael. I'm too soft when it came to people. Sweetheart, I'm too dismissive. Be strong, and you can get through anything." Mother explained. "I've made my mistakes. But you need to admit yours, and go with the truth."

"Thank you, Mother." I mumbled gratefully.

"You're welcome." She wrapped her arms around my waist, and pulled me against her. I hugged her just as tightly. Mother let go, and ushered me out the door. I stampeded down the stairway, and shouted a general goodbye to anyone who was there. I heard some "goodbyes" back from all around the house. And with that, I went.

I closed the front door to the house, and was greeted by Bill. I chuckled as he opened the door, and hit himself in the stomach. He groaned, but kept the smile on his face. "You ready, Joker?" He asked in an excited way. I nodded in excitement, and nervousness. I was very iffy on how Nicole would react when she saw me.

--

We arrived at the airport, and parked in the drop off zone. Thankfully, nobody seemed to notice me, and we were able to get through with little to no trouble. They valeted our car into the garage, and I ran through the airport. You know, like one of those old classical romantic movies when the lover is trying to get to his girl before her flight leaves.

We got up to the recipient's desk to get my ticket. She eyed me before going back to the typewriter. "Michael Jackson?" The receptionist rang in boredom. I nodded silently, impatiently waiting for her to hand me my ticket. "Here you go." She handed me my plane ticket after I handed her all my information. We rushed through the airport, and eventually boarded the plane. I was on my way of making this girl mine.

--

Guys, I am really sorry for these short chapters. Honestly, I haven't gotten any real length for this part. And I know it's an essential part to this story, but there's so much more to come! xoxo