Chapter 29: Meeting Bobby Brown

October 2, 1987
Nicole's POV

"With somebody who loves me!" I vocalized at the crowd erupted into craziness. I chuckled at everyone's enthusiasm. "Thank you! God, y'all are incredible." The level of noise skyrocketed. "Before we depart, I love to perform one final song. Before I recorded this, I heard George Benson's version back in seventy-eight. I knew I had to have a version of my own." I placed the microphone closer to my mouth.

"I believe that children are our future. Teach them well, and let them lead the way. Show 'em all the beauty they possess inside. Give them a sense of pride, to make it easier. Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be." I sang.

"Everybody's searchin' for a hero, they all need someone to look up to. I never found anyone who fulfilled my needs! A lonely place to be, and so I learned to depend on me. I decided long ago never to walk in anyone's shadows. If I fail! If I succeed! At least I'll live as I believe. No matter what they take from me, they can't take away my dignity."

"The greatest love of all is easy to achieve. Learning to love yourself. It is the greatest love of all."

--

"A phenomenal show as always." I heard a voice come from behind me. Turning around, I saw a young man standing there in a jet black suit. He adjusted his tie, and passed me a seducing smirk. Well, it looked seducing. I raised an eyebrow, but plastered a small shy smile on my face.

"I'm Nicole-." I reached my hand out.

"Oh, I know who you are. Bobby Brown." He nodded, taking my hand into his. The warmth made me shudder slightly. His eyes held something I haven't seen in anyone but Michael. Desire. I swallowed the lump that was building up in my throat.

"It was nice meeting you, Mr. Brown." I said tentatively. Robyn smiled, gazing at Bobby with a dazed look in her eyes. "Robyn, are you alright?" I tilted my head slowly. Bobby looked over to her, and smirked slowly.

"Well, you look incredible, Rob." Bobby complimented.

"T-Thank you." Robyn blushed slightly, hiding herself in my shoulder. "Nippy, you're gonna embarrass me to death." I laughed loudly, patting her back.

"It was nice meeting you.. again." I acknowledged Bobby. He nodded before disappearing offstage.

--