Chapter 42: With You In Your Darkest Hours

January 28, 1992
Michael's POV

I continued to trudge down into the empty room to get a glass of water. My throat had never felt this parched, I hope I'm not getting anything. While I'd love to sit and stare at my wife sleeping, I have to care for myself. When I flipped on the light, I saw Nicole there with tear tracks marking down her face.

"Nic?" I squinted as the dark prevented me from seeing very well. She looked up to me with a depressed look stitched across her face. "Sweetheart, what happened?"

"My father... He died." Nicole let out, leaning towards my waiting arms.

"Oh, honey." I comforted her.

"I don't know why I'm crying. After everything that man has put my family through, I'm crying." She laughed, wiping incoming tears from her face.

"Because no matter how much you hate the man, or what he did, you're gonna be upset. He was your father, Nicole." I explained, pulling her close to me.

She shot me the most questioning look.

"Some father." Nicole mumbled, looking down at her shaking hands.

"Baby, I just hate seeing you so upset." I pulled her into a deeper hug.

"Me too." She chuckled, wiping the reminisce of her eyes. "I just don't want anything to do with this. The doctor called me saying my dad was killed in a motor accident. Apparently, he somehow had my number, so they tried calling me. I told him I wasn't taking any part in any of it."

"Honey, I know it's way too early to be thinking about it. But, maybe you shoulder consider it." I suggested. Nicole stood up, looking back at me with a considering look.

 Nicole stood up, looking back at me with a considering look

She just shrugged.

"I don't know. I don't know what I wanna do anymore." Nicole stated.

"But, you sure know your way around the bedroom." I whispered seductively in her ear.

She gave me a small smile.

"You're not funny, Michael

"You're not funny, Michael." Nicole commented , dragging herself over to the other side of the room.

"I wasn't meaning to be funny. Nicole, I'm being deadly serious." I walked after her, wrapping my arms around her hips.

"Are you wanting another child, Michael?" Nicole asked randomly. I shot her an incredulous look.

"I think we got enough." I said.

"Says the man who wanted 20 children." Nicole smiled. I pecked her lips before resting my head against her shoulder.

June 19, 1976

"I know this is totally random to bring up." Nicole began. "Would you ever have kids?"

"I mean, we're a little young, aren't we?" I asked, a smug look plastered on my face.

"Not us, dummy. Would you ever have kids?" She asked.

"Yeah. I wanna have 20."

Nicole's mouth dropped wide.

"Good lord Michael!" Nicole breathed. "What are you on?"

"Huh?" I asked.

"I mean, are you smoking something?" Nicole asked plainly.

"Naw, girl." I smirked.

"Yeah." I chuckled. "Well, I understand how you get when you're pregnant. I'm not so sure I can go through that 20 times with you."

"Hey! I was not that bad." Nicole whined.

"Sweetie, you were worse."

---