Chapter 13: Together Again

Michael's POV
December 14, 1969

I waited impatiently by the window. I was in my bedroom sitting on a sofa when I heard a car stop. Suddenly, I saw a car emerge from the darkness. Next thing I know, I fled downstairs. The moment I saw her, I ran towards her and attacked her into a hug.

"You don't know how much I've missed you." I embraced her tighter. She wrapped her arms around me and sighed.

"Trust me, I know." She smiled in my shoulder.

"Never ever leave me again." I whispered into her ear.

"I promise you." She declared. "And it wasn't voluntary." We laughed together.

I pulled her upstairs in my room to showcase the changes I had made including my new pet rats. Nicole is utterly terrified of rats. Her eyes widened as her heartbeat became audible.

"A r-rat?" She stammered.

"Yeah." I smiled, picking up a rat I named Percy.

"I... I hate rats." She choked out. "You know I'm scared of them, Michael!"

"Well, let's try to get you un-scared." I joked. Her eyebrows furrowed in annoyance and a flicker of confusion spreader across her face.

"I'm not touching that dang rat, Michael." She declared.

"Come on, Nic, for me?" I pouted.

"No." She crossed her arms, huffing.

"But..." I began.

"No, Michael. I hate rats. Hate, hate, hate, hate!" She yelled at me, getting angrier.

"Alright, girl." I laughed, putting the rat back in his cage. I extended out my hand for her. "Hug?" I asked. She shook her head.

"Not until you wash your hands. I don't need no rabies, Michael Jackson!" She explained, forming a disgusted face.

"You're gonna hug me, rabies and all!" I stated, running after her.

"That's not fair." She whined. I pulled her anyway, she started thrashing around.

"It is fair, Nicky." I embraced her more.

"Stop making it so hard to ignore you." She pouted.

"I love you." I pulled her closer, mumbling into her shoulder.

"Wait, what?" She pulled back, confused by what I meant.

"What'd I say?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Did you just say you loved me?" She asked me innocently.

"Well, yeah." I replied.

"I... I love you, too. Michael." She smiled.

----------

Short but this gives us something to look forward too. Hmm....