Chapter 46: Life Goes On

Michael's POV

October 13, 1980

Nicole, the kids, and I were laying in our bed watching the kids doing hilarious things. So far, Sierra has proven she can balance an egg on her nose. Corey cracked the egg with a hanger. Nicole just kept a smile on her face. This woman is just the lady of my life. Her beauty exceeds all others. Our kids are so lucky to call them their mother as I am to call her my wife.

Three years ago, I made this angel mine. After everything we've been through together, we love, laugh, and get through it. The day I met her, that amazing day eleven years ago. I look at my kids, the woman I share them with. Sierra, even though she's not biologically ours, she still is ours. Blood doesn't count in our family dynamic.

"Hey Mike." Nicole started, bouncing Corey on his legs. I started calling him the Frog Prince since he loves bouncing. "Yeah, Queen?" I looked into her piercingly beautiful eyes.

"Remember that time a rat got lost at Hayvenhurst and we spent hours trying to find it?" Nicole smiled, making me remember that distantly, yet distinct memory.

March 6, 1970

"Where'd he go?" I frantically asked Nicole who was standing in the doorway giggling.

"Hey, I told you not to leave his cage open." Nicole crossed her arms.

"Well, you wanted to see him." I glared at her, looking under my bed.

"Hey, I asked to look from the cage. Not that I asked you to actually open it and take him out." I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, I wasn't the greatest friend then." I smirked.

"Well, you did end finding him squashed in the garbage disposal so..." she trailed off.

"It wasn't the best day of my life." I said, rubbing my fingers through Sierra's curly locks.

"I know. You cried on my shoulder for a solid twenty minutes before getting Joseph to scoop him out of there with a trowel." Nicole looked at me with sympathy, cradling Corey who content in his Mommy's arms.

"The way we pranked Marlon that one day was hilarious." I commented, remembering the showdown of that spectacle.

September 13, 1974

"Mike, you have the whoopee cushion?" Nicole asked, holding a bottle of whipped cream.

"You know it girl. Marlon's gonna get pranked so badly." I smiled brightly.

"Calm down, Mike-Ike. I got the catapult set up, and the ice bucket's above his doorway. When he runs downstairs to get a towel from the kitchen drawer, a string will catapult the whip cream into his face. Then, I'll act all innocent and get him to do to sit down on the couch colored whoopee cushion. Call him." She waved me off before going into hiding.

"Marlon!" I called.

"What?" Marlon yelled, opening his doorway where we heard a water swoosh noise and a piercing scream. Nicole and I burst into quiet laughter.

"Michael, Nicole, Im'ma kill you guys." Marlon screeched. As Nicole predicted, he ran downstairs in the kitchen since he hates the way the towels in our bathroom feel. He opened the drawer which activated the catapult firing a mass of whip cream towards him splattering his face.

"Gah!! What the hell?" Marlon grumbled. "Can't even dry off! Really?!"

Then Nicole walked into the kitchen acting all casual. "Marlon, why the hell you wet and covered in whip cream?" She asked convincingly.