Chapter 40: We'll Be Alright

May 4, 1988
Michael's POV

To hold her in my arms again, it was a huge blessing for me. Nicole was perfectly molded into my arms, wrapping her arms around me for protection. I caressed her back softly. I enjoyed feeling her smooth skin as it dipped into the crevice of her hips.

While I was scared to death that she would no longer be here, she proved me wrong once again. It seems like whenever circumstances want her to be taken away from me, she fights against it. She stirred in my arms, and lifted her head from my neck. "Michael?" She whispered tiredly,

"Hey baby." I smiled. She reflected it back, and ran her hands through my hair. "How can a person's hair get so soft and fluffy?" I shrugged, and rolled her over on top of me.

"I use outstanding conditioner, my love." I answered. Her face brightened up as I ruffled her hair. She nodded, and took my hand from her pillow-like ball of fluff. "Your hair is pretty soft itself."

"I have hella great hair, Michael." She stated. I nodded in agreement. Yes, my exhausted wife does have hella good hair. I kissed her forehead, and adjusted myself where I was melted into her. She must've done the same because there wasn't any space between us.

"Let's go back to sleep, yeah?" She yawned. I nodded against her head.

"You got that right." I yawned myself.

--

It must've been three in the morning when our door crept open. My eyes squinted open as a sharp pain delved into my side. I yelped, jumping up as a tiny body fell from on top of mine. Our youngest fell onto his sleeping mother who let out a pained shriek.

"What the h- DJ, what's wrong?" She asked worriedly. DJ threw himself at her, burying his face in her chest. Nicole rubbed his back, singing softly in his ear. Tiny tear stains trailed down his face.

"Hey, what happened?" I comforted him by rubbing his back. Nicole kissed his forehead repeatedly, rocking him in her arms.

"Bad dream, Daddy." He answered in a scared tone, Nicole pouted at his condition, loving on her son. I smiled at her action, the motherly instinct coming out of her. That's one of the main reasons I fell in love with her. Her ability to help children makes my heart croon for her even more.

"How about we try to get you back into bed, huh?" Nicole proposed. DJ shook his head, clutching her nightshirt. She sighed, and looked at me as the darkness in the room covered her beautiful features. "I'll go lay with you, okay?"

She climbed out of the bed with our son cradled in her arms. "Say goodnight, Daddy." She waved at me, and DJ repeated her action. I waved back with a small smile on my face. She closed the door softly, and her light footsteps overtook the hallway.

A few minutes later, she came back into the room. Nicole sighed softly before climbing on the bed, and back into my arms. "So, we've drawn the line at three, right?" She asked. I shrugged.

"You realize we get pregnant basically every time we have sex." I stated. Nicole's face turned mischievous as she opened her mouth to speak. "I guess that means you won't get anymore sex." She teased. My face turned monotone. She will never ever deprive me of sex.

"Take that back, Nicole." I whined. She laughed at my pain.

"I'm not depriving myself, Michael. Screw that proposition! We'll just get on birth control." She declared.

"Right, this is only for your needs." I laughed.

"Yeah, of course." She chuckled.

"It's alright, sugar. You can use me all you want." I playfully assured her.

"We'll be alright, right?" She asked.

"We'll always be alright. As long as we have each other."

"You know, it's funny. The hell that we have gotten through, and I still worry about what will happen next." She scoffed at herself.

"And we'll continue to get through everything. Nothing can break us, my love. We'll be okay." I assured her.

"I know. As long as I have you, I'll be okay." Nicole affirmed. I nodded.

As long as we have one another, we can get through anything...

--
End of Part... Nicole and Michael sure have experienced a lot this part, but their ups and downs aren't over. Ohhh no, it's only the beginning. With fame comes the price, and with more success, hence "I Will Always Love You," comes the success only a few could dream of. Someone will make a return in one of the first few chapters, whether dead or alive.