Chapter 39: Tell The World I'm Coming Home

Continuation From Last Chapter...
Nicole's POV

"Tell the world I'm coming home." I chuckled. Janet's voice faded in the background, and she hung up. I flinched when I heard the dead tone, and placed the phone back on the landline. "I guess she's telling Michael, er- something." I commented.

"She seems overexcited." Roy replies smugly, leaning back against his desk chair. We were in the evidence room, waiting patiently for my family to show up. "Do you want something? You look like you haven't eaten in a few days." I nodded. It had been a minute since I have eaten anything.

"She didn't exactly know how to get food without drawing suspicion, I assume." I shrugged. With that woman, it was difficult to draw conclusions. The strange thing is, I almost feel guilty that she is no longer here. But, evil people aren't exactly fit in this world.

"Serena lead us there the moment she kidnapped you. The fact she didn't know you had security cameras really questions her motives. We had Michael overlook the footage, and he identified her instantly. I guess you could say he's the one who saved your life." Roy explained. I smiled.

"Well, that's my Michael. He's willing to protect me against anything." I gushed lightly.

"I know." Roy nodded in agreement, a small smile still placed on his face. "I was at the brunt of that protection."

"You have to admit that you weren't the nicest guy." I said in a joking manner.

"Oh, I was a real dick." He laughed. I did the same. I must say it was finally nice not slamming a door in his face.

"I have to agree." I relented playfully. Although he remained laughing, his face turned passive.

"Say, is that Janet girl still available?" He joked.

"If you try to come after her, I will kill you myself." I mused.

Basically the next few minutes contained endless jabs, and roaring laughter. Soon however, I heard a familiar voice that rang through the police station. My mother ran through the doors, disrupting everything as everyone stared at her. She didn't acknowledge anyone but me, running over to me. She attacked me into a sheltering embrace.

The complete deja vu set in when I was pulled into this hug. Mom let go slowly, and kissed my forehead. "Jeez honey, I'm so glad you're okay." She sighed.

"Me too, mom." I stated, looking around for any sign of Michael or my kids. "Is Michael on his way?"

"They're outside. I just wanted to make sure you weren't beaten to a pulp. Michael would've needed an ambulance, and the children would've been scared for life." Mom commented. I pouted, trying to not imagine the terrified look on my children's faces.

"Bring them in! I want to hug them, and squeeze 'em." I brought back an overjoyed smile to my face. I finally get to see my babies! And my baby, Michael! Mom raced out, and closed the door behind her. "We have guards surrounding your car so nobody can get a free look. The press are gonna have a field day with you."

"Well, at least the world will know I'm okay." I said, knowing the media would never put out a story like that. Actually, they'd publish a conspiracy theory Michael had me kidnapped or something. Something that would demean us.

"Yeah, hopefully." Roy stated optimistically. The doors were thrown open again in a dramatic fashion as three kids can running towards me. Sierra arrived first, and latched on like a leech, burying her face into my shoulder. Corey came, and dug his face into my stomach, and DJ wrapped his arms around my legs.

I picked my youngest son up, and hugged him tightly. "Mama leaved?" He asked solemnly, resting his head on my chest. My face deadpanned. I hated this bitch even more now. Causing my baby to be upset.