Chapter 30: I Miss You

December 1, 1987
Michael's POV

"Daddy!" Sierra's ecstatic voice roared throughout the room. I decided to surprise Nicole tonight with an unexpected visit from the kids. She knew I was coming tonight, however, she remained oblivious to the children who were dyin' to see her. "Oh crap! I gotta get my suitcase." Sierra mumbled, scrambling for the stairway. I shook my head playfully.

"Hey Daddy." Corey treaded over to me, wrapping his arms around me. His suitcase was dragging behind him. Mother peeked into the room, and lit up once she saw me. "Michael, I didn't think you'd be here so soon." She smiled, trudging over to hug me.

"I wanted to get through that malevolent airport before we end up like pancakes." I informed her. She nodded at the experiences I was referring to. Believe me, airport runs are wild when you have a constant crowd chasing ya.

"I'll go wake DJ. That child refused to take a nap until he got an episode of Scooby Doo. Took damn near seven episodes for him to get to sleep." Mother chuckled. "Reminds me of a certain little boy who used to do the same." Her eyes narrowed at me.

"Mother, I don't like you talkin' about Marlon that way." I leered. Mother scoffed, giving me a questionable look.

"Of course, honey." Mother monotoned. She smirked before walking out of the room. God, we all smirk a lot, don't we? Sierra stumbled down the stairway, almost tripping over herself. I caught her before she could become the latest victim of those damn stairs.

"Thanks Daddy." She smiled sheepishly.

"You're welcome sweetheart." I chuckled, kissing her forehead. She wrapped her arms around me, burying her face into my jacket. "Are you ready, sweetie?"

"Yeah." She nodded eagerly. "When do we get to see Mommy?" Her eyes were ecstatic, and I swear she was pulling me along to get out that front door.

"Mommy has a show to do. We'll see her afterwards." I explained. Her face periodically flashed disappointment before it returned to her usually bubbly attitude. "I found a weathered photo of y'all. Why did uncle Marlon have white stuff on his face?" She tilted her head as she waited for me to explain. I giggled lightly.

"That's the residue of itching powder. Your uncle tried to prank Mommy so she attacked him with a pack of itching powder. Your uncle had irritation all up on his face, and Grandma got real livid at us." As if drawn by her name, Mother came in with a sleepy DJ. His disheveled jet black curls thrown all over the place.

His eyes widened as he whined for me. I grinned wildly as he reached out for me. There is just something so joyful when your child wants you. Especially when I win over my wife.. who isn't here.

"Hello, son." I cooed lightly, letting his head fall to my chest. DJ gripped my shirt, and pulled my hair. I winced as I tried to pull him away from me. He glared at me before resting his head against my chest. I chuckled softly, and planted a kiss on his head. "You wanna go see Momma?"

DJ raised his head, and nodded eagerly. He pulled one of my hair strands, and belted our a huge screech. "Okay guys, we better get goin'. Little guy here can't wait another second." I chuckled. Mother twinkled her smile at us.

Corey and Sierra fathered their suitcases. "Daddy?" Corey pulled on my pant leg. I looked down to him, and raised an eyebrow as he pouted. "Can we please see Mommy perform?"

"Corey, like I told you sister, we won't be arriving until afterwards. You all can't go running up on stage while she's doing her routine, and people would probably pounce on you." I speculated. "Anyways, its about to start anyways."

"Daddy." Sierra narrowed her eyes, pulling me to the door. "Enough talkin' about what we're gonna do. Sometimes we gotta be spontaneous. Corey, jeez, we're still gonna see her."

Corey shrugged blindly, and grabbed the suitcases. I swear these kids are the epitome of Nicole. Impatient, determined, and clingy. God, she's so clingy. Alright, so am I. Yeah, we understand this.

"Alright, kids." I uttered. "Let's go."

--

Nicole's POV

"God Nippy, you were fantastic!" Robyn hugged me jovially.

"Aww, thanks Robin." I sputtered as she began cutting off my oxygen. "Hey, how did that date with Bobby go?"

"Great. God, he is so sweet. Bobby is a man who actually cares for me." Robyn breathed happily. Unbeknownst to her, Bobby was sneaking up behind her. He wrapped his arms around her, and kissed her neck. Robyn gasped, and spun around. "Gosh, you scared the shit outta me."

"Bitch, I'm amazin'." He chuckled, kissing her lightly.

"You sound pretty sure of yourself." I shook my head in giddiness. Just something about seeing a couple together reminds me of Michael.

"Well, duh-." He stopped mid-sentence as his eyes widened. I was about to turn around when I felt tiny pairs of wrap themselves around me. Before I knew it, I was engulfed in a giant group hug with my children and my beautiful husband.

"Michael?" I gasped, taken aback by his lips, and fantastic sexy body. He gripped my ass, and almost picked me up. I thrusted my pelvis forward to his attention. "Michael, we're around people."

"That didn't stop us before." He whispered.

"Michael." I gritted my teeth.

"I'm kiddin' honey." He smiled blissfully.

"Mommy, can we go back to the hotel?" Corey asked.

"In a little bit honey." I answered. "I have to get changed back into some comfortable clothes."

"Alright." He looked down, yawning tiredly.

"Come here." I smiled, placing my hands under his armpits. Just to be silly, I pressed my fingers against his extremely ticklish armpits. He let out a squeal. "Mommy!"

"Okay, being serious now." I wiped the smile on my face, and picked him up. He adjusted himself onto my hip, and leaned his face against mine. "Baby, I love you, but please give me some breathing room."

"Nic, you forgot about getting changed again." Michael commented. I ripped my attention to him, and shot him a smirk. "I'm payin' attention to my son, Michael."

"Well, I'll help you with the undress part." He bit his lip slightly. I gaped. God, sometimes he can get so inappropriate.

"Michael!" I chastised.

"Oh, I missed you too, Nippy." He kissed me on my forehead. He forgets we're not the only people in the room. Oh, Michael...

--

I'm sorry if this seemed scattered. The whole premised with a reuniting scene.