Chapter 36: We Belong Together

May 1, 1977
Nicole's POV

"Honey, can you open the door?" Mom's voice radiate from upstairs.

"Yeah." I called back. Long story short, I was finally moving on with my life. No, I wasn't going to be dating anytime soon. I wanted some time to figure out me. I slowly made my way to the store. Ain't nobody in a hurry. My hand touched the knob, and I slowly turned it. Once I opened it, I stood in shock as I saw who was standing in front of me. Michael... was standing right in front of me.

Out of shock, my jaw dropped. Michael chuckled, and wrapped his arms around me. I draped my arms around his neck, and pressed my face against his shoulder. I needed to let him know how I felt, and this is the time to do it. "Michael, why'd you travel across the country to see me?" I asked.

"Nicole," He began. "you're my best friend. Always have been." Michael looked to the floor in nervousness. "I love you." He admitted.

"In what way?" I asked, feeling that this might be going in my direction.

"With you. I'm in love with you." Michael exhaled. "I'm sorry."

"Michael." I leaned forward, and pressed my lips against him. He grabbed my lower waist, and peppered my lips with an incredible sensation. They moved in perfect motion as I sighed.

"I love you too." I chuckled.

"Are we official then?" Michael smiled.

"Yeah, we are." I smiled, seeing the sparkle in his eye.

Well, whatever life throws at you. It shows you that a Michael Jackson makes it worthwhile.

-
I'm terrible! This was such a short chapter, but I'm lazy. Hope you enjoyed this part. ❤️❤️