Chapter 38: Escape

May 2, 1988
Nicole's POV

I sneaked past a barrel as she began to notice that I was gone. Her eyes widened as she tried searching for me. "Where did that bitch go?" She muttered to herself. I bit my lip, and ran for the window. In almost two decades of this damn building's existence in my life, that window has remained shattered. In fact, it has seemed to expand if anything. I climbed up on the ledge, and pushed myself against the wall.

Serena stepped out without must hesitance, and almost slipped. I hence the almost as her gun dropped below, and went off. She peered right at me with soulless, dark brown eyes. "One of us is going off this ledge, and it isn't me." She spat, running towards me. I tensed up as she started coming closer. However, a window shattered as she was ambushed by a figure who jumped through a window. I screamed as I was pulled back, and off the ledge into a dumpster.

"Are you okay?" A voice I haven't heard in the longest time. I looked behind my shoulder to see Roy, dressed in a police officer uniform. I nodded silently.

"Let's get you home, shall we?" Roy offered, beginning to balance us on the rubbish. I nodded blankly, and let him help me out of the dumpster. "You don't have to worry about her anymore. She's uhh- no longer with us." He refrained from looking there for a while.

"Is the other guy okay?" I placed my hand against his chest plate. Roy nodded, and hopped over the side. I placed my feet against the sides, and leaned down to grab his hands. "I didn't expect I'd have to get out of this again." I muttered. Roy's face gazed at mine. I sheepishly smiled as I started to take my hand from his. "I was kidnapped when I was a child, and they brought me to this exact warehouse."

"Well, I guess fate was on your side after all." He nodded with a tiny smile. I nodded. "I think it's about time that we get you home." Roy commented. I nodded once again. God, I feel like a damn bobble head right now.

"Yeah, I'd love to go home." I scoffed.

--

Michael's POV

"God, I don't want to relive this." I expressed. Janet rubbed my back, her face solemn. "I want her to be safe, Dunk. We both know this is going to end as a recovery rescue. That woman is insane."

"I know it's terrifying waiting for the outcome of this situation, Michael. But, Nicole has been through a lot, and she's remained unscathed. The woman is pretty damn indestructible if you asked me." Janet patted my back for confront. "Do the kids know?"

"Sierra does. I explained it to her as briefly as possible. Corey just thinks she's on a last minute business trip. God, how can I let them grow up without a mother? I mean, Nicole is the centerpiece, Jan. She's my everything. I can't live without her!" Janet slapped my shoulder hard enough to stop my bantering.

"Stop whining like a four year old delinquent! Jesus, Michael. Relax. I know it's painful, but you have to compose yourself. Did you think that she would come back when she was kidnapped the first time? No. Did she? Well, yeah! What about when your marriage was almost sabotaged? She came back to you! Fate isn't dragging her away, rather it's making her fight her way back. Believe me, the world isn't done with Nicole Jackson-Ross. " Janet explained.

"The world may not be, but this lunatic sure is. Serena is so mentally unstable, I learned she was in a mental hospital after I left her. She's been planning for over a decade to do this. Serena will not hesitate killing her, Janet. She just won't. I can't help that she's Sierra biological mother. I never thought it would all lead to this. I was never aware I was actually her father!" I recounted. Janet's eyes widened as she nodded her head towards the entrance. I only caught the ends of her hair before I stormed after her.

Sierra's POV

"I can't help it she's Sierra's biological mother! I was never aware I was her actual father!" My father's words dug knives through my heart. He's my father? My real father! And the lady that took Mom was my biological mother?! So this was all my fault. I'm the only reason why my mother's life is in danger!

I didn't want to be caught so I tried to hide enough, but my aunt Janet caught sight of me. She nodded towards my direction, and I shot off towards my bedroom. "Sierra!" Dad's anxious voice called after me. "Baby, get back here!" I shook my head as tears formed in my eyes. Why did this have to happen?

I slammed my door shut, and locked it. Then, I threw myself against my bed. Dad kept on knocking. I just wanted to be left alone. I was the cause of my mother's disappearance. I don't deserve to be acknowledged by anyone. I caused Dad's pain!

"Baby, talk to me. How much did you overhear?" He called through the door.

"I heard enough!" I yelled back.

I heard Dad sigh, and let off on the door. However, my door soon opened as dad used a key to it. I rolled my eyes. He had a key to my room?! "Sierra, listen." Dad sat down on my bed, and I scooted further away from him. He stared at me for a few seconds before continuing again. "Yes, you are my biological daughter. I was together with this woman for a short while before your mom and I got together. She wasn't very well handling, so I ended it while I could. I didn't know she got pregnant until a few days ago. She must've planted you as a way to lure us or something. But, for me, it's God placing you with the people who you belong with. You are my blood, baby girl. And never blame yourself for any of this. You're like me, Sierra, I know your personality. Don't ever think you are at fault in any way. Your mother would tell you off if you did." I smiled a little.

That is my mother. However, it faded as fast as it formed. "Is Mom coming home?" I choked. Dad just pulled into a hug. I sunk into his chest, enjoying a distinct vanilla scent. "Soon, honey... soon." He whispered. "I hope very soon."

Janet's POV

I was waiting for Michael and Sierra to come back downstairs when I heard the landline ring. I waited for someone to answer it, and when no one did, I got up. I hesitantly grabbed the receiver, and pressed it against my ear. "Hello?"

"Hey Dunk." Nicole's voice came through. I gaped, and looked around for anyone to tell.

"God, Nicole! Where the hell are you?" I almost screamed.

"I'm at the police station. They recovered me, and my eh- kidnapper I guess." She explained.

"Wait, you are? What happened to the bitch?" I asked.

"She dead. A officer tackled her off of a ledge. Then, another one dragged me to a dumpster. Not the softest landing, but I didn't break anything so..." she chuckled.

"God, I go tell everyone." I screeched happily.

"Tell the world I'm coming home!" She laughed heartily.

--

She's coming home!