Chapter 11: Touring + Sick Days

July 31, 1985
Sierra's POV

I don't wanna go to school today. It's so boring. Mommy and Daddy enrolled me in the same place they went to school when they were little. I also hate they're always working. Daddy is the best dancer in the world while Mommy is so good at singing. I love her new song, How Will I Know. I'm glad she's doing something that makes her happy. My little brother is so annoying though. When I don't wanna play with him, he always goes to Daddy making up a complete lie. Little siblings are weird and unnecessary.

"Sese, time to get up!" I heard Mommy yelling from the door.

"Okay, Mommy. I'm up." I called back. I rubbed my eyes when Daddy came in. "Hey, my princess." He picked me up and sat me on his lap. I cuddled into him. I love my Daddy. "Hey, Daddy." He smiled. He's so handsome, I want someone as pretty as him. Mommy says I'll find him cause I'm so pretty. Well, I'm not as pretty as her. I know I'm not theirs by blood, but they raised me so I love them so much like they are.

Mommy knocked before coming in. "Baby, I know you love your father's cuddles, but you need to get ready for school." She tapped her foot. Mommy does that when she gets impatient. Uh-oh, I better get ready. I hopped off Daddy, then ran to Mommy giving her a quick hug before dashing to the bathroom.

Corey was already in there. This kid has toothpaste as a beard. Could you not get anymore stupid? "What ya doing with toothpaste?" I asked him.

"Making a beard, duh." He squirted more and then turned to me before knocking off the toothbrush holder. It was glass so it shattered all over the ground. Corey's face filled with fright, he knew Mommy would punish him. For five year old him, ten minutes in the timeout corner was a death sentence. Daddy came into the bathroom.

"What was that?" He didn't have to ask again when he saw the shattered pieces of what used to the toothbrush holder. "Someone wanna tell me why the toothbrush holder is shattered on the ground." He looked at us, then landed on Corey. "Cor, why do you have toothpaste on your upper lip?"

"I was makin ' a mustache." He mumbled. Of course, Mommy came in when she saw Daddy standing there.

"Michael, Quincy called..." she stopped when she saw the crime scene. "What the hell is going on?" Mommy placed her hands on her hips. Uh-oh. We all stared at her. "Anyone gonna tell me?" She looked at Daddy then me then Corey. "Son, why do you have a mustache?" She narrowed her eyes. Corey didn't respond. "Boy, I asked you a question." Mommy passed Daddy.

"I-I wanted to look cool." He whispered.

"Well, that's a waste of toothpaste. Why is there glass on the ground?" Mommy led on. "Who knocked it over?" She raised her voice. "Okay, you both will be punished if one of you don't speak up."

"I did, Mommy." Corey admitted, embarrassed. Mommy just sighed.

"Corey, off all times, you have to break things. First off, wipe that toothpaste off your face." Mommy walked to the cabinet and grabbed out a washcloth, then ran it under some water. She walked over and slouched down to Corey's height and wiped his face. It's funny to see him screwing his face up. "Now go to your room, and get dressed. When you get home, you both are going to Grandma Katie and Grandpa Joe's for the afternoon." Mommy explained, taking Corey's arm and leading him out of the bathroom. Daddy was standing there with a small smile on his face.

"I guess your brother was pretending to be a blue Santa Claus?" Daddy crossed his arms playfully.

"I guess so, Daddy." I shrugged.

"Okay." He leaned down to my height. "So, I'm going to work for a little bit. You get to spend time with your cousins."

I sighed in disappointment. "Okay, Daddy. Mommy too?" I looked at Mommy coming back inside the bathroom.