Chapter 10: I'll Always Be There

Continuation from last chapter....

Michael's POV

I sighed deeply as I knocked softly on my wife's hospital room door. I had just arrived home around an hour ago, kissed our kids on the foreheads while they slept, and then made my way to the hospital to be with her. I slowly opened the door to see her asleep, clutching a pillow to her chest. I smiled slightly, and trudged over to her.

Taking the pillow carefully, I laid down beside her. She wrapped her arms around my waist instinctively, and laid her head against my chest. "I love you." She whispered. I kissed her forehead delicately. "I love you more." I breathed.

Just then, her eyes shot open. "Michael..." She whimpered as her jaw quivered. "I'm so sorry." She bursted into tears as I let her in closer. "God, I can't even carry a child in my stomach. That was my only job, and I failed miserably." She shook her head in pure sadness. "What's wrong with me?"

"Nicole, stop it. None of this was your fault, and I would never blame you for it. God just wasn't ready to give us a baby. It might've had something seriously wrong, and they couldn't live very long. It wasn't the right time." I explained. Her teary eyes shifted to look in mine. "We have two beautiful children who are here for us to hug, kiss, and smother in affection."

"You smother my babies, and I will end you." She narrowed her eyes.

"Honey, it was an expression." I shook my head at her mindlessness. I'm the one who should be clueless, shouldn't I? "Do you want some bland hospital pudding?"

"Ooh, what flavors do they have?" She perked up a little.

"It's all bland so it don't matter."

"It does whenever I want it." Nicole whined. I kissed her cheek tenderly. I knew subconsciously we'd be okay as long as we had one another.

--
FINAL CHAPTER FOR THIS PART! ALRIGHT, I'M CAUGHT UP ON THIS DAMN PART. 😁