Chapter 5: Alone

E V A N N A

A month passed after everything that has happened. A police officer came, and told us that he will be sent to jail for a year. I was kind of shocked it would be that short. I expected it to be longer. After a month, my mom and I were back to normal. She tried seeing other guys, but she didn't like any of them. She eventually told me that she wasn't going to date anymore, and focus on her career as a doctor.

She started leaving home early, and coming late. I understood, because being a doctor was hard. In school, Cathryn, Owen, and their friends started bullying more often.

"What's wrong, bitch?" Cathryn sneered as she pushed me into the lockers in the girls locker room. Claire was out sick, and I was all by myself.

I rolled my eyes, ignoring her. All I wanted to do, was change, and go to next period. I wasn't feeling good at all. I felt super tired, and nauseous.

Cathryn smirked as she pushed me once more, but harder. I was pushed into a circle of 3girls, and they all hated me. I also hated them. They were really annoying, and I wanted to punch them. One of the girls opened my locker and grabbed my clothes and threw them into the trash can. They were all ganging up on me.

My eyes widened, and I got mad. I shoved her onto the floor, but that made everything worse. Jenna grabbed my hair, and threw me onto the ground. The rest of the girls started kicking my head. The girl that I had pushed was really mad. She threw my binder onto the floor, and all the papers flew out.

I was covering my head with my arms, and this seemed way too familiar. Just like when Jonathon was doing the same.

"You're a worthless piece of shit."

It's true. You are.

"You should kill yourself."

Do it. No one wants you here.

"No one will care if you died."

No one would. Not your mom, or friends.

"No one likes you."

Why would anyone? Look at you.

No one's helping you right now. Shows how much everyone care, doesn't it.

The bell rung, and everyone left. Even Cathryn and her friends. I was by myself, but too weak to stand up. The kick didn't do that much damage, but the voices. They were coming back.

Why can't I just defend myself?

Why am I too weak?

This is why your parents divorced. It's all your fault. You deserve all this pain.

I slowly got up, using the lockers to support me. I felt dizzy, and my head started hurting. I thought it wouldn't be bad, but considering they kicked my head a lot, this is understandable. I walked to the bathroom, and looked in the mirror.

My hair was a mess, and I had a bruise on top right of my head. It was an okay size. I had small bruise on my cheek, and my arms and legs were bruised slightly. Soon, I got a terrible headache, and went to the nurse after cleaning up my stuff.